Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jayboat, Pete B and Jeff Helmkamp great Key West shots..... >

Jayboat, Pete B and Jeff Helmkamp great Key West shots.....

Notices

Jayboat, Pete B and Jeff Helmkamp great Key West shots.....

Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I appreciate all of the photos you guys take, it's obvious who the real pros are. It's a funny thing to hear crap about watermarks. It's a very expensive hobby to begin with, let alone be able to have top notch pics. To have someone complain about watermarks? It's the ultimate insult because as many know, some of the cheapest prick$ in the world demand the best, whine and complain when there are no more, and want it all for free. Maybe everyone that owns old boats should be able to receive discounts on old photos? Or maybe they should just pony up $100 and buy their own damn camera?

The photos Jay and other produce are crazy good. The fact that there are some incredibly cheap people in an expensive sport? Go to Kmart and get a cheap copy.

Yeah but when the watermarks take too much from the photo it isn't worth looking at......There is one guy that treats his photos as BILLBOARDS ADVERTISING ALL HIS GREAT STUFF, DON'T MISS IT, CALL NOW, DVD's etc. His threads are simply spam advertising!

If a guy took a great shot of a boat, it would be priceless to the owner but not really worth much to the average observer.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Yeah but when the watermarks take too much from the photo it isn't worth looking at......There is one guy that treats his photos as BILLBOARDS ADVERTISING ALL HIS GREAT STUFF, DON'T MISS IT, CALL NOW, DVD's etc. His threads are simply spam advertising!

If a guy took a great shot of a boat, it would be priceless to the owner but not really worth much to the average observer.
I get where you are coming from, I think the same thing. "Some" of the watermarks are over the top, apparently from a reaction to something? I get that.

But the bottom line is this. People need to buy stuff to make this work.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Thank you Alec.

Seeing as he doesn't view my threads, he must of missed Key West 2009 photos without interfering watermarks:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-images-2.html

Leaving the images in clear view certainly didn't help with sales....

Who knows, perhaps it hurt them ?
spamming again?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
spamming again?
Spamming?
Let me get this straight...
Because of a location of where my watermark is you consider it Spamming ?

I guess all of the others can have their logos on their images as long as it isn't in the middle and because of that you consider my watermark as spamming and their's not ?

You're probably right. Why waste my efforts in promoting the sport.

After all, who was it that shot towns and city locations at the race sites in Maryland ?

I guess I did this because I had nothing better to do...

Cambridge, Maryland

Perhaps you may have saw the Soloman's Race program ???
yeah I know, it was all just Spam.....

Apparently that's the thanks some of us get....

VT is right, pick up yourself a camera and go promote the sport and all of the towns OPA visits... I am sure you would be good at it and you won't have to worry about watermarks.

Now you got some attitude !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-14-2010, 11:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
So it's worthless to post images... OK, I got it now....

Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the incredible shots that I purchase from Tim ,Jay or Pete at a very very resonable price never show up with watermarks.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
I know that the incredible shots that I purchase from Tim ,Jay or Pete at a very very resonable price never show up with watermarks.
You're right Jimmy.
The only one's that ever had my logo on them were the ones Alec & I gave out at the OPA Awards Party last year...
That's only because they were being sponsored by us.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try doing this to understand the time taken by the photographers.

Go take a pic of a moving boat.

Move the pic fom your camera and then crop it to what size and shape you want it, adjust the colour and then store it where you want it. Forget the time it takes to post it on here.

And then do it 4000 more times.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

So it's worthless to post images... OK, I got it now....
Umm no, to look at a collection is great, but I haven't saved/printed a single shot yet! The big conspiracy on "stealing" photos to put on your facebook account probably isn't as big as it is in your mind......

Why would you want a collection of photos of boats that aren't yours and how could you profit from that collection?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Spamming?
Let me get this straight...
Because of a location of where my watermark is you consider it Spamming ?

I guess all of the others can have their logos on their images as long as it isn't in the middle and because of that you consider my watermark as spamming and their's not ?

You're probably right. Why waste my efforts in promoting the sport.

After all, who was it that shot towns and city locations at the race sites in Maryland ?

I guess I did this because I had nothing better to do...

Cambridge, Maryland

Perhaps you may have saw the Soloman's Race program ???
yeah I know, it was all just Spam.....

Apparently that's the thanks some of us get....

VT is right, pick up yourself a camera and go promote the sport and all of the towns OPA visits... I am sure you would be good at it and you won't have to worry about watermarks.

Now you got some attitude !!!
No, I consider the fact that you posted a link to your 2009 KW pics because you werent there this year spamming.

Fact is photography is your hobby and you are trying to make some money from it to cover some expenses, that in itself is fair enough, however you and certain other photogs put so much crap on your posted photos that they arent worth the time to look at because they are covered and surrounded with garish crap, between that and your insufferable panties always being in a bunch and complaining about everyone and everything, this isn't TimSharkeyonly.com. Don't try to blame me or any other person on this board because you cant make a living at your hobby.
As for Cambridge 2009 seems to me that another photog was invited as well, oh yea, he was riding on my boat ! after meeting both Shaun and Bruce and seeing the quality of their work, I have no problem promoting either of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.