Notices

575sci Rebuilds finally complete... Details inside

Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
+1 and i fixxed her for ya
good luck & see ya on the Lake Todd
Hey Big Daddy...you need to COME to the Lake first!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning on going with the Brad Penn for sure... even though I am running a roller cam now and don't necessarly need to run the high zinc but figured it couldnt hurt.

The 100mph run is very doable I think... just need to get another set of props. Running bravo 32's merc lab finish, but hitting 5500 rpm at 94mph. Thinking of trying another set of 34's and sending those out for labbing. Tried a stock set over the summer but couldn't plane out. Needed more cupping.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
+1 and i fixxed her for ya
good luck & see ya on the Lake Todd
I'm with ya. The oil that Kendall was "famous" for is now Brad Penn. The Kendall name was bought and now a lower grade oil is produced under that name..... the newer Kendall hasn't been very popular to say the least. I think this happened in the late 90's or so.

Also, just food for thought, our 8.1 GMC lost 10lbs oil pressure when we switched to Brad Penn from Mobil 1 silver cap. After 1k miles, we put silver cap back in, and the oil pressure is back to where it was before the brad penn. I know alot of circle track and drag race people run Brad Penn, but the lower oil pressure deal in our truck kinda scared us.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

So you added a hyd roller cam, lifters, stock heads setup by Jim Valako and a little bit of his magic. NICE!!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
I'm with ya. The oil that Kendall was "famous" for is now Brad Penn. The Kendall name was bought and now a lower grade oil is produced under that name..... the newer Kendall hasn't been very popular to say the least. I think this happened in the late 90's or so.

Also, just food for thought, our 8.1 GMC lost 10lbs oil pressure when we switched to Brad Penn from Mobil 1 silver cap. After 1k miles, we put silver cap back in, and the oil pressure is back to where it was before the brad penn. I know alot of circle track and drag race people run Brad Penn, but the lower oil pressure deal in our truck kinda scared us.
had great luck so far with the Brad Penn BIG Daddy and in the SKATER were alwayz at 60 to 80 lbs oil pressure ,funny you mentioned the GMC gig my gmc pick up with the Vortec runs 5-30 wt oil and we did an oil change with the Penn and did the same thing you mentioned with the oil pressure drop .we dumped it and put 5-30 back and its all good ..

Todd just curious why did'nt you guys put a new set of rings in while you had her all apart ??? just thinkin cheap insurance ..
good luck BIG Daddy

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 11-16-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about it but when we did the leak down tests, the percentages were very low so I let it go. I ask myself the same question but the overall goal was to hit key west this february and I knew I would not have enough time to break in the motors prior to then if I put new rings in. We are hoping to get a trip in to the Bahamas from the Keys if all goes well....