Notices

33 Twister Racer

Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 Twister Racer

Is anyone farmiliar with twister boats? I have ran across this boat on boat trader a number of times and was curious about it. Seems to have S. florida style. I like it more the more i look at it but i think that the deck paint takes away from the style. Anyway if anyone knows anything about these boats i would love to learn about them.

Thanks

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ister-97395709
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fitler
Is anyone farmiliar with twister boats? I have ran across this boat on boat trader a number of times and was curious about it. Seems to have S. florida style. I like it more the more i look at it but i think that the deck paint takes away from the style. Anyway if anyone knows anything about these boats i would love to learn about them.

Thanks

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ister-97395709
Not familiar with the 33, but I had a friend with a 24 Twister, seemed to be a quality built boat. If it is the same company, I believe they were made in South Florida(Pompano).
Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Maybe i will give the guy a call and see what he knows. A couple of changes here and there and i think that could be a really sharp boat. I have no idea about the performace though. For the right price it could be a nice boat but i really don't want put money into a boat that no one is farmiliar with.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

Maybe i will give the guy a call and see what he knows. A couple of changes here and there and i think that could be a really sharp boat. I have no idea about the performace though. For the right price it could be a nice boat but i really don't want put money into a boat that no one is farmiliar with.
I couldnt see the pics on this comp. here at work, but it is at Aqua Toy Store, good people but sometimes their sales staff isnt too knowledgeable, especially about limited production stuff like this.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered

Contacted Aqua who is supposed to be putting me in touch with owner.
Addional link with larger pics

http://www.theaquatoystore.com/pre_o...R0&veh=1824101
Old 11-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fitler,
Luxury Marine made both a 24 & 33 Twister. I had a 24 Twister and I will say it was a well built and solid boat, mind you it was very well maintained it's whole life. Get a Survey of the boat and just make sure it is ok. I was very happy with mine and wish I still had it.

Angel
Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Any ideas of where there mold came form? did they design there own 33? THe boat resembles a large magnum sport. anyone know anything about what they were made from?
build process? Reputation? Am i asking too much?
I will definatly have a survey completed if i get serious about this boat but at this point there are to many unknowns for me to give him anywhere near asking price.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sure someone on OSO has the info on these boats.

Last edited by fitler; 11-16-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Not a bad looking boat, but I would definitely suggest a survey as Angel said above.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any ideas of where there mold came form? did they design there own 33? THe boat resembles a large magnum sport. anyone know anything about what they were made from?
build process? Reputation? Am i asking too much?
I will definatly have a survey completed if i get serious about this boat but at this point there are to many unknowns for me to give him anywhere near asking price.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sure someone on OSO has the info on these boats.
The 33 Twister is the 33 Cary. Same as the Avanti(bootsie-Miami) or the Viper...etc...etc. Keep in mind that this is a 9-4 boat...not an 8-6. Most of these boats were built as center consoles... Add a 2' integrated platform and you have your choice of the Marlago(Jefferson) 35 or the Marlin 35 or the Contender 35... Stretch 3' and you have the Cigarette 36.. add another foot and you have the Midnight 37... all same origination.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by MidOcean; 11-16-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
The 33 Twister is the 33 Cary. Same as the Avanti(bootsie-Miami) or the Viper...etc...etc. Keep in mind that this is a 9-4 boat...not an 8-6. Most of these boats were built as center consoles... Add a 2' integrated platform and you have your choice of the Marlago(Jefferson) 35 or the Marlin 35 or the Contender 35... Stretch 3' and you have the Cigarette 36.. add another foot and you have the Midnight 37... all same origination.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for clarifying the bottom question. So this would be the same bottom as the 35 cafe racer(only shorter), correct? would expect pretty good rough water handling out of this boat then.

Last edited by fitler; 11-16-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.