Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beer news... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24263-beer-news.html)

Cignificant 05-13-2002 04:00 PM

Beer news...

Finally, proof for something I've been saying all along!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drinking beer could reduce the risk of cancer, strokes and heart disease, Germany’s brewers’ federation said Monday, hoping to inspire the country’s youth to head for the beer garden rather than the gym.

FEDERATION HEAD Peter Hahn told a news conference the average German drank just over 123 liters of beer in 2001, down from 147 liters 10 years ago.
He blamed flagging consumption partly on fitness fanatics and a fad for energy drinks among young people.
Refashioning the image of beer as a nutritious, health-giving tipple, a tactic successfully employed by promoters of red wine, could help, Hahn suggested.
“We were not as quick off the mark as the red wine producers, but the same is true for German beer,” he said. “There are lot of health benefits in malt and hops.”
Hahn said moderate consumption, about half a liter (a little less than a pint) a day for men, reduced the risk of strokes and lowered cholesterol levels, while the hops used to flavor the drink helped prevent cancer.
German brewers have had backing for their view.
Industry experts and scientists at a one-day “beer and health” conference in Brussels last October said beer not only had sedative properties, but could also cut cardiovascular disease and protect against cancer and osteoporosis.
Dutch scientists who carried out a study of 8,000 people earlier this year concluded drinking moderate amounts of alcohol, be it beer, whiskey or wine, could help lower the risk of dementia.

CigDaze 05-13-2002 04:24 PM

:D
I've been telling people that for years...LOL!:D

mlitefan 05-13-2002 04:54 PM

"Dutch scientists who carried out a study of 8,000 people earlier this year concluded drinking moderate amounts of alcohol, be it beer, whiskey or wine, could help lower the risk of dementia."

Hell...I have always considered the dementia a perk! :D

tripps 05-13-2002 06:22 PM

HEIL

Im a german who drinks CORONAS ,nice and easy tripps

Wellby 05-14-2002 01:02 AM

Always knew "cold beer" was good for u!!

Tbonepmp 05-14-2002 01:56 AM

:D :D U Guys are CRAZY!!!!!:D :D

wwwTOPDJcom 05-14-2002 03:00 AM

I wonder if I save those pints for weekend
if it would be better then trying to remember to drink
a liter a day, I'll just wait to saturday and count my 7 liters
and I'm done:D :D :D

OldSchool 05-14-2002 07:10 AM

:D :D :D :D

Madcow 05-14-2002 08:41 AM

Yeah its true. Beer is good for you. It's the falling down all the time thats bad!:D