Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gaffrig GPS Speedo with the Fountain Logo? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24266-gaffrig-gps-speedo-fountain-logo.html)

FunHome 05-13-2002 04:38 PM

Gaffrig GPS Speedo with the Fountain Logo?

The last guy that had my 1987 33ft Fountain updated the dash with all new Gaffrig gauges and now I would like to change the 4in white faced, liquid filled speedo with a GPS Version, but I still want the Fountain Logo on it!?!?

The one's on the Gaffrig web site don't have the Fountain logo.
Do they make such a speedo?
Do I have to get it from Fountain?
I couldn't find the Phone number to Gaffrig or I would have called them myself???
I have called Teague Custom Marine and talked to one of their guy's but he has not yet returned my call.

Where should I start?

How much are they for the complete kit? I don't have a GPS to plug it into.

Where is the cheapest place to get them?

Wally 05-13-2002 05:03 PM

i can get you the GPS system w/logo on it from Gaffrig. They charge a small setup fee to do it and there will be a little wait for it cause its not something they stock normally. Let me know if youre interested.

[email protected]

FunHome 05-13-2002 05:11 PM

How much for everthing? How hard is it to install?
About how long? 2 weeks, 8 weeks?

later 05-13-2002 05:37 PM

Funhome i ordered last fall a tach from livorsi the real gaffrig, i told them i was matching a fountain tach and they sent it right out with no extra charge. i think they must have them all ready made up because it was delivered in less than a week.

FunHome 05-13-2002 06:05 PM

Later, how did you get ahold of them? How much was it!
I would love to have it by Mem. Day!!

FunHome 05-13-2002 06:12 PM

I did some more surfing and found out that the number at the bottom of their page is their's not the webserver! I feel real dumb now!! I'll call them tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Dredgeking 05-13-2002 07:18 PM

i thought fountain was using nordskog gps speedos. i don't remember if they had the logo.

FunHome 05-13-2002 08:41 PM

The new Fountain's may be using the Norskog, but my boat already has the gaffrig's and they are only about a year old.

Thanks!

Wally 05-16-2002 04:59 PM

Originally posted by FunHome
How much for everthing? How hard is it to install?
About how long? 2 weeks, 8 weeks?

I can get you the whole kit for $396 PLus what ever Gaffrig charges for the logo face change. I will be going over to Gaffrig tomorrow to pickup some gauges so i will ask then. Usually its no more then a week or so if they have it in stock. Most times i go over during lunch when they are not busy so they put it together for me then and there! :D

By the way that for the 3 3/8" cutout 3 3/4" OD
If you want the bigger one (4 5/8" cutout 5" OD) that ones $436 plus logo...

Let me know if still interested

[email protected]

FunHome 05-16-2002 06:14 PM

Thanks! I ordered the large one today!! Straight from Livorsi! I talked to Mike (I guess it was Mike Livorsi?) and he helped me out! I got the whole kit and a new bezel to match the other's for $500.56 He said that there isn't enough room on the GPS Speedo's to put Fountain and GPS, so they just put GPS! That's fine with me! I can't wait to get it!! Hope to have it in by Mem. Day!!

He said the best place to put the small white antenna was on the outside top of the boat. But, some people do put them under the dash? Where is everyone putting their's?