Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow Very cool twin turbo Excalibur on craigslist

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/2039393882.html
Old 11-21-2010, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

That looks like Frank Kerbeck's (New Jersey car dealer and performance boater) old boat. That is a nice boat (if it is clean), and handled well in the ocean at 80+ mph.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
That looks like Frank Kerbeck's (New Jersey car dealer and performance boater) old boat. That is a nice boat (if it is clean), and handled well in the ocean at 80+ mph.
Could be, although it has been in the current family since 1985
Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Could be, although it has been in the current family since 1985
i think his had a red wind screen or fairing /-red tinited. his motors where also super charged. However all power is replaceable.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOASTY
i think his had a red wind screen or fairing /-red tinited. his motors where also super charged. However all power is replaceable.

Negative on the blowers.........
Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that a Bill Farmer hull? Dash looks nothing like the Hawks. I'm corn-fused.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

boys, your wet behind the ears,in the 80s it was a excaliber pre chris craft. this "cat" named fountain took some hulls from "north american prod. padded and stepped the hull, put in some turbo big blocks and added #2 speedmasters ,did in the high 80s this was the begining of regie fountain . this boat here was sitting around 14mile and I 94 behind a trucking co. if memory servs corect the owner when i saw it was "m.i.a" its been covered on a trailer for years and was cleen
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I am not sure but I think it might be one of Reggie Fountains 1st boats, he started with a hull form sombody else.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

Reggie's first boats were built by Bill Farmer at Excalibur Marine (my old next door neighbor). the ones Bill built for him were not stepped bottom. I think he added a pad but other than that they were right out of the Excalibur molds. after a couple of years Reggie started building his own hulls. a while after that Bill sold Excalibur to Wellcraft and moved to NC with his wife. last I heard from Bill his health was failing but that was quite a few years back.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
Reggie's first boats were built by Bill Farmer at Excalibur Marine (my old next door neighbor). the ones Bill built for him were not stepped bottom. I think he added a pad but other than that they were right out of the Excalibur molds. after a couple of years Reggie started building his own hulls. a while after that Bill sold Excalibur to Wellcraft and moved to NC with his wife. last I heard from Bill his health was failing but that was quite a few years back.
Correct. The original Fountains were not stepped. One of the biggest visible changes Reggie made to the early hulls was the now famous "beak."

My mother lives about a mile from the Fountain factory in Washington, NC. A couple of years ago I stopped by the factory (I work for a Fountain dealer) to see what was new and Reggie had hull #1 out back prior to being restored to its original glory - teak floor and all.

Last edited by Too Stroked; 11-23-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.