Notices

Am I seriously crazy?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Am I seriously crazy?

Most of you know that I have been personally ripped off by two dealers for well into 6 figures in cash in 2003-04. I always said no way I'd buy a boat again unless I paid cash and got an MSO or title on the spot.

I have waited 6+yrs to even think about what to buy. Now I have the ability to do it(or will shortly, depending).

I look at the BEWARE AND STOLEN forums now and wonder if I have lost it completely to venture back into what is basically(noted exceptions) a cess pool.

Has anyone had a GREAT experience lately, especially since the economic collapse?

Should I just stick to owning cool cars and mooching boat rides?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do your homework for sure these days, there are deals to be had but i bet there are plenty shady deals as well
Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that your feelings are shared by many,this industry is its own worst enemy.But you have been around long enough to know who to deal with and who not to.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I am sure that your feelings are shared by many,this industry is its own worst enemy.But you have been around long enough to know who to deal with and who not to.
That is very true my friend. And those people have gone out of their way to make me feel a part of the community all these years.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cool car's are great but they get old real quick , boating is in your blood as in mine

i feel the same way i sold my boat a year ago and already want another boat instead of the lotus i have now .
we are all a little bit crazy

the crazy thing is the car is so reliable and stores rite in the garage and can be used anytime unlike a boat, and of course not all those marine scammer's. there are some good one's out there you just have to find them , i know i will get another boat soon and have to trust again .

i would say buy a boat that is built already and you can see the title unless it's from a good dealer or have the money held in escrow with a lawyer until the title process is going threw with the bank's that the boat has a loan on .
that's sum's up part of the sale on my last 38 fountain
good luck
mike
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Greg, I can't blame you for being gun shy after your experiences. Unfortunately Florida seems to attract a lot of shady characters in this industry. These times call for all the more caution. I think you are doing the right thing by taking your time. There are still some stand up people in the industry that you can deal with I'm sure. You have been around here long enough now to have a pretty good idea who not to deal with. My experience has been mostly good but I've been quietly burned as well. Good luck and don't give up on it.
Bob
Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Greg, I can't blame you for being gun shy after your experiences. Unfortunately Florida seems to attract a lot of shady characters in this industry. These times call for all the more caution. I think you are doing the right thing by taking your time. There are still some stand up people in the industry that you can deal with I'm sure. You have been around here long enough now to have a pretty good idea who not to deal with. My experience has been mostly good but I've been quietly burned as well. Good luck and don't give up on it.
Bob
I think Bob is saying that you should buy in east Tennessee
Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy and as smooth as can be! I got a boat I'll sell ya, Ill even give ya 5 months same as cash.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
Easy and as smooth as can be! I got a boat I'll sell ya, Ill even give ya 5 months same as cash.
Thanks Travis.

Cash isn't the problem, trust is. I'll see you in the Spring.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I think Bob is saying that you should buy in east Tennessee
I could be wrong, but I think you mean WEST Tennessee.

And I am definitely looking in that direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.