Like Tree0Likes

Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos

Reply
Old 11-27-2010, 07:16 PM
  #1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos

This weekend I participated in the FMO turkey weekend run.

For me it started with my lift motor failing, with the boat half way down to the water. A little persuasion with a large hammer, and the motor became cooperative.

On the way down, on several occasions we were in thick fog, yes, fog in FL in Nov.

We went South down Charlotte Harbor, West to the Gulf, down the ICW to the Sanibel causeway, which was the official start line. After a photo shoot with Jay N., with the all the Skaters and a Motion, we began the run. Out to the Gulf, around the Southern tip of Sanibel, North up the Gulf, past Sanibel, past Captiva, and in Redfish pass. Here we waited to all of the boats to get in, and the went South down the ICW, over to Tarpon Point Resort.

For us, getting there, doing the run, and getting back to the lift, was a total of 152 miles. I burned 70.0 gallons of 93, for an average of 2.17mpg.


Click here for all 44 pictures











click here for all 44 pictures
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:21 PM
  #2
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default

thanks for the pics...Fog in Fl...That's funny!

We'll be there in two weeks...Hopefully the fog is gone by then
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 PM
  #3
VIP Member
VIP Member
Platinum Member
 
bajarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: canfield, Ohio/cape coral FL
My Boats: 2003 Baja 33' Outlaw SST, Baja 36' Outlaw SST
Posts: 618
Default

Frank the pictures are great , had a good time.
Rick
bajarick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
  #4
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

The fog had pretty well burned off by the time we got the run started shortly after 11 AM. I don't have many pics to contribute but here are a few:

1) My nephew Nathan in the " Bob's My Uncle " boat.
2) Yacht anchored off Naples on our way up to Sanibel
3) Brian Farley's Cigarette ( I think )
4) Franks Skater and my Donzi chasing him
5) The group after running past the Sanibel pier for Jay's photoshoot
Attached Thumbnails
Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos-p1010250.jpg   Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos-p1010257.jpg   Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos-p1010283.jpg  

Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos-p1010266.jpg   Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) turkey weekend run - photos-p1010264.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-27-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 PM
  #5
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Nice!
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 PM
  #6
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Thanks for the pictures
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 AM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
The fog had pretty well burned off by the time we got the run started shortly after 11 AM. I don't have many pics to contribute but here are a few:

1) My nephew Nathan in the " Bob's My Uncle " boat.
2) Yacht anchored off Naples on our way up to Sanibel
3) Brian Farley's Cigarette ( I think )
4) Franks Skater and my Donzi chasing him
5) The group after running past the Sanibel pier for Jay's photoshoot
Pic 1, man Ive seen that boat before..congrats, and couldnt have went to a nicer group of guys..
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 AM
  #8
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Jay will post his pics today I'm sure.

My job was to deliver and pick up Jay from the beach beside the pier so he could shoot.
The pier was full of fisherman as was the beach on either side of the structure.
When I dropped him off a guy shouted at us to stay away and not didturb the fish !

My thoughts were " Well if you dont like this ......just wait!!

The first ' fly by " was all the cats and then all Donzis and then the whole group of Pokerrunners.

I was fearful for Jay's life alone amongst the fisherman

I asked a local guy who was nearby to go into the beach and pick him up and bring Jay back to me. It was hilarious.

We'll see how the pics turn out.

The volunteers ran a nice run and raised some good money.

Was glad to be there to watch it all.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 AM
  #9
Registered
 
Airpacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Aurora Ontario
My Boats: little cat...BIG MOTOR
Posts: 4,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
Jay will post his pics today I'm sure.

My job was to deliver and pick up Jay from the beach beside the pier so he could shoot.
The pier was full of fisherman as was the beach on either side of the structure.
When I dropped him off a guy shouted at us to stay away and not didturb the fish !

My thoughts were " Well if you dont like this ......just wait!!

The first ' fly by " was all the cats and then all Donzis and then the whole group of Pokerrunners.

I was fearful for Jay's life alone amongst the fisherman

I asked a local guy who was nearby to go into the beach and pick him up and bring Jay back to me. It was hilarious.

We'll see how the pics turn out.

The volunteers ran a nice run and raised some good money.

Was glad to be there to watch it all.
Maybe WE can do Bob's April run Alec????????????????????

It sure looks like it was a fun day.

Thnks for posting the pics.
Airpacker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 AM
  #10
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Pic 1, man Ive seen that boat before..congrats, and couldnt have went to a nicer group of guys..
Nathan loves the boat Jeff and is making good use of it. A few days ago he ran down to Key West for an overnighter and back the day before our fun run. I think he is following in the footsteps of "Uncle Bob". LOL
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.