Notices

Flo Scan

Old 12-03-2010, 01:20 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flo Scan

I had a Cruisemaster on my old boat. The Fuel Flow was an interesting number but didn't change. Once you saw it you pretty much knew where it was going to be. The totalizer however, was awesome. Always within a couple of gallons of what it took for the next fill.

I wish I could get one for my Formula, price mainly, but too much HP. I am torn between the Twin tach, Twin FLo, and 9000 GPS interface.

The GPH doesn't have a MPG function so I am leaning against that one. The twin tach has an MPG function and an engine synchronizer but I already have tachs that I can see a lot better. Not sure that a sync indicator would do anything

The series 9000 seems like the best bet. The tach function would be a good backup. I could install it in place of my speedometer which I don't really use anyway. (GPS)

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Old 12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good unit. It's a good thing to know whatr is in the tank and good to see a problem starting to develope. I have them on my Silverton and when money comes in I will put iot on my Formula. Biggest thing is fuel gauges on boats almost never work and a Floscan is always on point.