Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Intercoolers for big power >

New Intercoolers for big power

Notices

New Intercoolers for big power

Old 12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send me one!, will be dynoing a 980 whipple and a psi in a week or so. I wont even charge for the data
Old 12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Cool stuff Saxman, lets see some dyno pulls

or spray some methanol & water and you can lose the innercooler all 2gether
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
or spray some methanol & water and you can lose the innercooler all 2gether
Straight Alky? I'll leave that to Dave Scott!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
Send me one!, will be dynoing a 980 whipple and a psi in a week or so. I wont even charge for the data
Hey SHAWN did you ever get that special CAM you were waiting for and were gunna post the dyno #s about 12 mos ago, or they still on backorder ????
Old 12-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep that deal is done and one motor is in his boat. Other one ready to install after a head gasket leak is fixed. Just finished dynoing the second motor. 1430 hp best. new cam didnt help peak hp, helped torque but brought the curve to a more usable range. Could have picked up some more power with a little more boost but spent too many days in the dyno cell.

new motors for the Motion are getting the pull next. few more cubic inches than Doug's and going to try the Whipple 980
vs the PSI, and maybe even a PSI D rotor off my pro mod car
Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Can't wait to hear the numbers after your dyno work is complete.

Great work !

Jon
Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just throwing this out there but thats tube and fin, not bar/plate and tube/fin does not work well with positive displacement SC's with the concentrated air charge coming from one spot, especially one's with fuel through them as the small back fires burn the fins right off. The fins are exposed with nothing supporting them. Just giving you the heads up, as the CuNi likes to stick to the valve seats when it goes through the engine.

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 12-07-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:54 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Just throwing this out there but thats tube and fin, not bar/plate and tube/fin does not work well with positive displacement SC's with the concentrated air charge coming from one spot, especially one's with fuel through them as the small back fires burn the fins right off.
Dustin, this is exaclty the reason why we went went with copper tube and fin cores 10yrs ago when alum was the only option. The joke at the time was that a pallet of old alum intercooler cores would make nice lawn sprinklers.

There is a 38' cig with PSI's that ran copper tube and fin cores of ours for 10yrs with zero issues. The previous intercoolers that we built and ran with our PSI's for 5 years had zero issues as well (these were copper tube and fin cores as well). We have live temp gauges on our dash and we can see when a small back fire does occur, although, it seems to be very rare. The back fires in no way, shape, or form have disturbed/damaged our cores.

-Jason Parvey

Last edited by Coolerman; 12-07-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
Dustin, this is exaclty the reason why we went went with copper tube and fin cores 10yrs ago when alum was the only option. The joke at the time was that a pallet of old alum intercooler cores would make nice lawn sprinklers.

There is a 38' cig with PSI's that ran copper tube and fin cores of ours for 10yrs with zero issues. The previous intercoolers that we built and ran with our PSI's for 5 years had zero issues as well (these were copper tube and fin cores as well). We have live temp gauges on our dash and we can see when a small back fire does occur, although, it seems to be very rare. The back fires in no way, shape, or form have disturbed/damaged our cores.

-Jason Parvey
Interesting, I think you guys are on to something. the so called experts can't handle, compatition, ya think. Can't wait to drop my PSIs on top of these things. Bob
Old 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EXCESS ENERGY
Interesting
We think so to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.