New Intercoolers for big power >

New Intercoolers for big power

Notices

New Intercoolers for big power

Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
I have a fuzzy memory.... Are you going with pro-systems carbs?
Not sure yet. Anyone else have any good results on carb people for this app. Bob
Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Jason, your reference to the 38 Cig, was that Gary's by chance? I recently picked up the PSI's, intercoolers and fuel system off Gary's motors. Just curious.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
Jason, your reference to the 38 Cig, was that Gary's by chance? I recently picked up the PSI's, intercoolers and fuel system off Gary's motors. Just curious.
Yep, those were off of Gary's (RMPRam's) 38 cig. What boat are you putting them on? If I remember right, they have a custom built Carl Foltz intake with a slot for the cooler. When Gary got them, we custom made some copper tube and fin cores for it. They worked well and lasted. The previous alum cores were sprinklers.

Here are some pics of the boat that had them before Gary got them. At the time, I think this boat owned the kilo record at 134, but would run into the 140's, which was stellar for 1998.

-Jason Parvey
Attached Thumbnails New Intercoolers for big power-oceanspray3.jpg   New Intercoolers for big power-oceanspray6.jpg   New Intercoolers for big power-oceanspray5.jpg  

Last edited by Coolerman; 12-09-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCESS ENERGY
Not sure yet. Anyone else have any good results on carb people for this app. Bob
PM sent
Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
PM sent
Thank you Shawn. Bob
Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The carbs side by side on the front of the PSI impresses me as much as the polish job. Not many builders run them that way, but should be much superior to an in-line set up. Screw blowers like to be feed from the end of the rotors, and this is what you are doing with both carbs up front.

Talk to Patrick at Pro-Systems regarding the possible use of their SV1 carbs. They are reported to have great driveability and have tremendous flow in the larger versions.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by NewCenturyLucky
The carbs side by side on the front of the PSI impresses me as much as the polish job. Not many builders run them that way, but should be much superior to an in-line set up. Screw blowers like to be feed from the end of the rotors, and this is what you are doing with both carbs up front.

Talk to Patrick at Pro-Systems regarding the possible use of their SV1 carbs. They are reported to have great driveability and have tremendous flow in the larger versions.
Newcenturylucky, Thanks for your positive imput, I'll check in to the SV1 carbs. Thanks again Bob
Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Jason, so the coolers in this package should be fine? I know Gary thought they were. What is the deal with needing a "deflector plate" beneath the PSI?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
Jason, so the coolers in this package should be fine? I know Gary thought they were. What is the deal with needing a "deflector plate" beneath the PSI?
I would think you should be fine. Your particular cores had copper tubes, not cupro nickel. Keep in mind, they are 10yrs old. Just make sure you pressure check them.

Regarding the deflector plate underneath the PSI, that has been a longstanding debate. Alot of people just use the the PSI adapter plate and the channels built into the bottom side of the blower, which is what your setup has (your adapter plate was welded to the top of your manifold). It also depends on how fast you spin the blower.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCESS ENERGY
You should let me build a fuel injection system for it. This is one that I'm working on now.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails New Intercoolers for big power-psi-fuel-injection.jpg   New Intercoolers for big power-psi-fuel-injection-2-.jpg   New Intercoolers for big power-psi-fuel-injection-5-.jpg  

New Intercoolers for big power-psi-fuel-injection-4-.jpg   New Intercoolers for big power-psi-fuel-injection-3-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.