New to chicago area and offshore >

New to chicago area and offshore

Notices

New to chicago area and offshore

Old 12-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to chicago area and offshore

just moved to west chicago, bought my first boat, my first boat over 20ft anyway, I just bought a 89 python vector 24 ft now cant wait for summer
Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to the cold winter. Summer will be here soon LOL.
There is a very active club you may want to check out. We do events on Lake MI and the Chain-O-Lakes.
http://www.nioffshore.com/
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Or, you could have REAL fun hangin' with the bad influence crew on the South Side! Shoot me a pm when the summer rolls around, we get out almost every weekend on the big pond...usually launch at Hammond or East Chicago.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome I also just got a offshore style boat in October and can't wait to do some boating on the big lake next summer. A few people I know already had offshore boats and I got to meet a few others through them and everyone seems really cool. Did you buy your boat from Grand Sport, if so it seemed like a great deal.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pics of your boat
Old 12-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Or, you could have REAL fun hangin' with the bad influence crew on the South Side! Shoot me a pm when the summer rolls around, we get out almost every weekend on the big pond...usually launch at Hammond or East Chicago.
I know you guys go out on the boat a lot but how often do you actually go for a boat ride? I always see pictures of rafted boats.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered

After a twelve year hiatus from boating I recently bought a fountain 38sc and cant wait to get back out on the water....I lived aboard at diversey for a few years and would love to get back into city harbor system but there is a long wait...looks like I will end up at Winthrop for a few years.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered

Yes I did get the one at GSC its inside right now, I wont pick it up for awhile. I think it will be a great way to get into the sport. my last boat was 20 ft taylor ss 455 olds/ and before that is a 18 ft BAJA with 235 outboard, but its been 10 years since those. My wife and I were doing the Cycle rally scene for the last 10 years and were ready for a change, we are looking forward to meeting some people.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by autowerks racing
After a twelve year hiatus from boating I recently bought a fountain 38sc and cant wait to get back out on the water....I lived aboard at diversey for a few years and would love to get back into city harbor system but there is a long wait...looks like I will end up at Winthrop for a few years.

Was your last boat a BAJA ???
Old 12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

That baja was a customers....it was a pretty nice floating billboard...last time I owned a boat this forum or even the Internet didn't exist...my wife and I had a deal that I wouldn't get a boat until my youngest kid turned 10....I am five years premature, thankfully with a 60,000 square foot garage I can easily hide it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.