Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain >

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Notices

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Old 12-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, Can you get an update from Reggie based on the comments posted on FountainPowerboats.com today?

"Washington, NC – December 8, 2010:

Fountain powerboats announced that effective today Reggie Fountain is on administrative leave. Please refer all sales and marketing calls to the sales department or John Walker at 252-975-2000"
Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

We appreciate your honesty and candor Mr. Fountain
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MERCURYSONIC
Matt, Can you get an update from Reggie based on the comments posted on FountainPowerboats.com today?

"Washington, NC – December 8, 2010:

Fountain powerboats announced that effective today Reggie Fountain is on administrative leave. Please refer all sales and marketing calls to the sales department or John Walker at 252-975-2000"
It is interesting that the new ownership believes they know what they are doeing well enough to have none of the core staff remain on in running the company..... Who are these guys?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
It is interesting that the new ownership believes they know what they are doeing well enough to have none of the core staff remain on in running the company..... Who are these guys?
It is very simple, they own the company. it is not uncommon after a business sale that the previous owner still wants to do things their own way and the company wants to go in another direction. Ex owner should be shown the door for impeding business, regardless of whether it is this company or any other.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Based on the few times I have met and talked with Mr. Fountain, and with all I have read about his competitive marketing and various top speed goals, he's not someone I would want to screw with.
HANDLE WITH CARE is the best term I can think of when it comes to taking his daily involvement away from him.

I cant imagine the man rolling over if disrespected by some counter of the bean.
Reggie may have misread the current economics and made some mistakes with his company, but he has never shown to be someone that gives up.

This whole industry owes him a debt of gratitude for his aggressive attitude whether you liked his style or not.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:45 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Rob I agree the new owners have new plans and have things to change but this isnt a hamburger stand business. Again, I ask, who are these guys and where did they come from "within the boating world"? I know of a couple great people helping them right now but I'm still missing something. Does the company need to take a diff direction financially? One can only say yes. But as far as the product line goes who other than Reggie and crew to design and build new product?..

As for walking the old business owner to the door... I agree and I've done it.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Rob also.

Its HOW its done that I was commenting on.

Wouldnt want to distract the new efforts in getting the company back on strong financial footing by getting in to a protracted war with Mr. Fountain if it can be avoided.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

Dissapointing news.. am hoping to be a future owner of a later model Fountain within the next year or so. I will probably still buy one, but this will hurt the image of the Fountain brand IMO. To the more experienced guys, think it will hurt the resale value and even new sales at Fountain?
I would be hesitant to buy one if these guys sully the name of the company and hurt its image, or drag down the quality of the boat.
I, as well as many I know consider them to be a premier V bottom, might not be a Nor-tech but the build/design are at the top of the heap.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered

Hey DollaBill, I love your avitar, post the pick where we can blow it up HaHa! I agree with your last post I think no matter who the are they better be careful how they handle this situation with Reggie, they may end up somewhere they do not want to be.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I agree with Rob also.

Its HOW its done that I was commenting on.

Wouldnt want to distract the new efforts in getting the company back on strong financial footing by getting in to a protracted war with Mr. Fountain if it can be avoided.
Valid point. Again, I've done it myself. I bought a company about 10 years ago and had the old owners out within the first week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.