Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Nail on the Head, DOLLA.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
Nail on the Head, DOLLA.
Thanks, contrary to belief in the Baja forum... I know a few things about the marine biz. I'll call RMF at home the minute he goes this direction. Everyones main gripe is the price of new boats. So what if a new 42 w/ 700's copuld sell for $199,900? and what if you could get into a 35X for $89,900 with 0% financing for 72 months? See what Im saying?

Last edited by DollaBill; 12-09-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
That is a different Bill Gates. The Bill Gates who is currently running Fountain may own a Microsoft based computer but he doesn't own Microsoft Corp.
I laugh every time someone assumes that the multi billion dollar Bill Gates invested in a powerboat company.

But one has to wonder what it would be like to go to Best Buy and pick up a 35 fountian for $899.00, then have it not start because you picked up a virus on the water.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

For me it is somewhat disheartening to see (and some may disagree with me) the most recognizable icon in the performance boating industry in a position where he may well be ousted from the company that he created. Without question he made mistakes, but most of us do in business. Having had the opportunity to have had several candid conversations with Reggie I can tell you he truly wanted to build his customers the best performing boats in the world. He absolutely believes that what wins on Sunday sells on Monday and it would be hard to deny the benefit that all of us received, in some form or fashion, from the fortune he spent on R&D to win on Sunday. I have also had the opportunity to meet and chat with the so called "bean counters" who are now in charge. It is obvious that they have a passion for boat building but certainly plan to move forward in a fiscally responsible manner. It will be a shame if the two parties cannot come to terms IMO.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:33 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bullhead
For me it is somewhat disheartening to see (and some may disagree with me) the most recognizable icon in the performance boating industry in a position where he may well be ousted from the company that he created. Without question he made mistakes, but most of us do in business. Having had the opportunity to have had several candid conversations with Reggie I can tell you he truly wanted to build his customers the best performing boats in the world. He absolutely believes that what wins on Sunday sells on Monday and it would be hard to deny the benefit that all of us received, in some form or fashion, from the fortune he spent on R&D to win on Sunday. I have also had the opportunity to meet and chat with the so called "bean counters" who are now in charge. It is obvious that they have a passion for boat building but certainly plan to move forward in a fiscally responsible manner. It will be a shame if the two parties cannot come to terms IMO.
I may be wrong but I dont see any passion for boat building with the new guys..

Many of us, as business owners etc, have made mistakes. My saying is make many small mistakes but get a few big things right in life. Thats the formula. If you ever spent any real time with Reggie you would be knocked over at his passion for fast boats. I've spent countless hours at the factory, at dinner, with customers, at the factory and hanging around the office with this man and there are only 2 things Mr. Fountain thinks about 23 hrs a day....... FAST BOATS and beautiful women. That simple.

That passion can't be re-created because the numbers look good. Say what you want but I'll always back him. And, for the record, the new guys made a FATAL mistake by not having him sign a non-compete before the deal. It's over for them if they dont work with Mr. Fountain.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 2,971 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill

Many of us, as business owners etc, have made mistakes. My saying is make many small mistakes but get a few big things right in life. Thats the formula.
When do you start getting things right?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
When do you start getting things right?
now that made me LOL. Sad but true.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Thanks, contrary to belief in the Baja forum... I know a few things about the marine biz. I'll call RMF at home the minute he goes this direction. Everyones main gripe is the price of new boats. So what if a new 42 w/ 700's copuld sell for $199,900? and what if you could get into a 35X for $89,900 with 0% financing for 72 months? See what Im saying?
But wont that just be a kick in the nuts to the recent Fountain buyers ? If I bought a 2011 42 with 700's all loaded up for whatever they sell for 500k? then the new Reggie wave smasher 42 comes out at 300k less than I spent, now whats mine worth 80-90k a year later.

I know alot people would never buy one again if that happened, you would have to hope for alot of new buyers.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
Well said Mark.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bullhead that was perfectly said the people that have spent countless hours being around Reggie talking performance boat and race stratagies would definitly agree.......... If he hadnt have spent a fortune on sundays to promote his boats and power boat racing we would still need a pair 1500 HP Troy Dennis twin turbo motors to run 126 in a Vee bottom in January busting ice off the ramp, OH YEAH OL still has to do that. A lot of people in the performance boating world as small as it would be standing on the dock if it were not for THE MAN. THANKS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.