Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain >

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Notices

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Old 12-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
This happened to Mark Levinson Audio Systems. Since selling his company to Harman, he can't use his own name...he designed and built HIGH end audio systems that also branched into the automotive industry in 2001 Lexus models.

oh...and at one time, Mark used to own a triple engine 42 Fountain...I was working for Jimmy at Falcon while "between careers" and he used to service the boat. Mark was married to Kim Cattrall at the time and brought it to the marina by water because one of the motors was overheating...i climbed in the bilge while Kim was on the boat and somehow sliced my hand up on a hoseclamp and started bleeding all over. She noticed it promptly went in the cabin an got me paper towel to wrap my hand in ...nice folks...this was just before "Sex and the City" started heating up...they are since divorced...but i digress.
Cool story. I still think her best work was in Porky's.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Reggie is a great boat racer and a very competitive guy with an enormous ego. His business plan, as one would expect from said ego, was based almost entirely on self promotion, which, after reading some of the comments posted here and on other threads over the years, has pulled in a lot of blind "believers" but not a lot of (any) profits.

That having been said, there is nothing about his product line, "Brand", or potential designs that the world can't live without.

I wish him well in his future endeavors, but as far as "Fountain by Fountain" is concerned, in the words of that old country song so often repeated on Monday Night Football ...."Turn Off the Lights...The Party's over".
Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Reggie is a great boat racer and a very competitive guy with an enormous ego. His business plan, as one would expect from said ego, was based almost entirely on self promotion, which, after reading some of the comments posted here and on other threads over the years, has pulled in a lot of blind "believers" but not a lot of (any) profits.

That having been said, there is nothing about his product line, "Brand", or potential designs that the world can't live without.

I wish him well in his future endeavors, but as far as "Fountain by Fountain" is concerned, in the words of that old country song so often repeated on Monday Night Football ...."Turn Off the Lights...The Party's over".
X2
Old 12-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Seriously, do people only read the first post and the last post in threads? How many times has it been discussed that this is NOT MS BILL GATES.
Let them think they know it all. I'll just wait for the final chapter that may take a LONG, LONG time..
Old 12-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T2X, I don't always agree with your posts but I think you are right on on this subject.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

It's official...Reggie is resigning from the company:

http://www.powerboatmag.com/reggie-f...direction.html
Old 12-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by jajo
It's official...Reggie is resigning from the company:

http://www.powerboatmag.com/reggie-f...direction.html
Now it's going to get interesting!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow.

So, the question is:

Without Reggie being involved in, and overseeing, every facet of Fountain boats' design, construction, fabrication, quality and delivery - who's going to buy one?

A Fountain isn't a Fountain without Fountain.

It's like Playboy without Hugh or Sam Adams without Jim Koch.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

basically, he thumped his chest at the wrong players...
Old 12-10-2010, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Reggie send out the new address and phone #

Hope he kept his mailing list. Because I still want a 47' Lightning with stagared 1300's. Reggie, talk with you soon and good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.