Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain >

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Notices

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
basically, he thumped his chest at the wrong players...
Or he stuck to his vision and principles. Obviously decided it was best to leave and start a new venture then continuously butt heads and battle with current management.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Wow.

So, the question is:

Without Reggie being involved in, and overseeing, every facet of Fountain boats' design, construction, fabrication, quality and delivery - who's going to buy one?

A Fountain isn't a Fountain without Fountain.

It's like Playboy without Hugh or Sam Adams without Jim Koch.

Or Cigarette without Don aronow.....
Just saying.

Things go on if they are done right.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Reggie is a great boat racer and a very competitive guy with an enormous ego. His business plan, as one would expect from said ego, was based almost entirely on self promotion, which, after reading some of the comments posted here and on other threads over the years, has pulled in a lot of blind "believers" but not a lot of (any) profits.

That having been said, there is nothing about his product line, "Brand", or potential designs that the world can't live without.

I wish him well in his future endeavors, but as far as "Fountain by Fountain" is concerned, in the words of that old country song so often repeated on Monday Night Football ...."Turn Off the Lights...The Party's over".
how about that other country song......you cant keep a good man down.lol
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,691 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Just saying.

This is true. If a brand is strong enough on its own merits, it survives changes of ownership, unless the ownership cheapens or in some other way diminishes the product. And that's a mighty big "unless."

As you all know, Mr. Fountain has resigned. There's is not a boat builder I know including Skip Braver at Cigarette and Peter Hledin at Skater, who does not tip his hat to Reggie for his contributions to the industry in terms of keeping it visible and just plain interesting. I wish him well in whatever endeavor he chooses.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Best of luck Reggie.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Best of luck Reggie.

X2!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Just saying.

Good point. I appreciate your devil's advocate stance. In contrast to your example however - and more to my point - is that Don died, Reggie is however very much alive and well and if you read between the lines it would appear that he fully intends to keep his boat-building heritage alive with other projects. And even more so to my point being is that because he refused a non-compete in conjunction with today's press release it may be implied that he is, in fact, considering competing. If that is the case and you have the option of a Fountain built Fountain or Fill-In-The-Blank-Bank-Built Fountain, which do you choose?

Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Good point. I appreciate your devil's advocate stance. In contrast to your example however - and more to my point - is that Don died, Reggie is however very much alive and well and if you read between the lines it would appear that he fully intends to keep his boat-building heritage alive with other projects. And even more so to my point being is that because he refused a non-compete in conjunction with today's press release it may be implied that he is, in fact, considering competing. If that is the case and you have the option of a Fountain built Fountain or Fill-In-The-Blank-Bank-Built Fountain, which do you choose?

Well give me a real Reggie craft rather than an imposter! Thank you, very much!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Gold Member

it just will not be the same without big reggiei think liberty is missing the boat here.most fountain owners are die-hard fans and will follow him nomatter what.he is a legend in his own time.like him or hate him,you got to respect him for all he has done for us.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should rent one of those big inflatable rats that the union guys have.Then do a OSO protest in front of the plant.

Bring back REGGIE
Bring back REGGIE

I have a feeling that the next few months maybe sooner are going to be very interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.