Color me POOR !!  ( NYC Poker-Run ) >

Color me POOR !! ( NYC Poker-Run )

Notices

Color me POOR !! ( NYC Poker-Run )

Old 05-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The money isn't always the issue. If it is something that you enjoy doing then you are going to pay the money. But It just don't seem like you get much bang for the buck. Like stated before most people finish in under 2 hours. Why not make it a bit longer like A. Bay with a few more stops. And what is this single file line up to get your card at each stop and from there they let one boat leave at a time. Why don't they organize it where everyone waits till everyone has there card and then have a fresh new start to the next stop. this way it would be like a race to every stop. It would be more exciting. I cant see it costing that much more $$$$ to make the run longer and with another stop or two in it. A two hour run for $500 just isn't cutting it.

I for one would love to help organize a fun run up the scenic part of the Hudson. How about Bear MT. to Kingston. I am sure there are places in the Kinston area that could accommodate a small feat of boats.

Paul
Old 05-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Cigarette500EFI

yo Sean, keep me in the loop for the Fun Run @ Claudio's. Had a good time last year. Unfortunately I had to leave early. P.S. I love the picture of my boat on the LIOPA website.

Good luck with the new ride, I am sure you will love it.

Matt

Old 05-15-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

I'd be in for the TZ to midhudson bridge run for poor boys
sounds good to me!

Mattyboy
Old 05-15-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

Default Hot-boat,,,, lets get something going......

we really should have some sort of get together for the people of the Hudson. Most of the people I have talked with are further North, up around the Newburgh area.. a run could take place going in either direction,, We could head down to the city or head up north..
Old 05-15-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

I'd be up for a run to Claudio's too. I would be leaving from Old Saybrook though, not L.I. I thought it might be fun to organize a poker run in the sound somewhere, maybe hitting up Claudio's, Dock n Dine, and a few others in the area...

Ted
Old 05-15-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Matt,

Yer definitely in the loop! I have a list of email addresses still and as soon as I get my act together, I'll get this thing going---probably toward the end of June. I spoke to The Wizard of Oz...and he is definitely in this year(he showed up late last year) and he'll probably bring a couple of boats as well. I suspect there will be at least 6 Skaters in attendance and the usual Cigarettes, Sonics, etc. Are you in touch with topgungcf? I wonder if he and his son will come this year...I haven't heard much from either of those guys? How about Andy?

P.S. Paul did the LIOPA thing...and has been running with it, I've not had the time to devote to this club thing.

Sean
Old 05-15-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ted, You should hook up with Indy...I think he'll come this year again...
Old 05-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey bajaboss252 the pavillion (old Lymn) has a poker run every year in August he has been doing it for over 10 years now.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered

I'll have to call down there to the Pavillion and ask about it. Do you usually get in on that one Boomer? That was one of the other places I was thinking about. I think Harbor Park might be a bit too far up the river for being included but I'd really like to get in on one in the area of LI Sound.

Ted
Old 05-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sean,
Congrats on the new boat. I'm in on any L.I. "fun" activity. Hopefully we can get some chop in the water this time for some real fun. It was like a lake last year.

Quick Reply: Color me POOR !! ( NYC Poker-Run )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.