Dec 7,1941 Pearl Harbor Day >

Dec 7,1941 Pearl Harbor Day

Notices

Dec 7,1941 Pearl Harbor Day

Old 12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Take a minute to think back to the very first time America was attacked and remember the men and women that served and contributed to the war effort. As emperor Hirohito said " I believe we have awoken a sleeping giant"

Regardless of whether or not one supports any wartime activity, real people, father, mothers, sons, daughters and family members from all walks of America have fought for freedom and Democracy. All Americans that enjoy these freedoms owe those brave people that gave the ultimate sacrifice their moment of respect.... Thank you America.
Nice thoughts Rob. But for the history books it was Admiral Yamato who had planned and carried out the Pearl Harbor attacks who said those famous words . He had attended college in the US and realized that our industrial might would overwhelm resource-challanged Japanese.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I highly recommend a trip to the Arizona Memorial if at all possible during your lifetime.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you!

You grew up during the Great Depression, some served here at home, in an unprecedented period of productivity, and some went on to fight in World War II.

You have been referred to as "the greatest generation any society has ever produced."

You did not fight for fame or recognition, but because it was the right thing to do.

Not many of you are left, but to those that remain with us, and to those that have gone, we honor you in remembrance and thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't ever forget our past, the Vets and all the men and women that have and are serving in the military, thanks for everything that you have done and will do for our FREEDOM, bless them/you all.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Had two uncles that were at Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, and my father in law was a Marine at Okinawa. Thanks to all.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Thank you!

You grew up during the Great Depression, some served here at home, in an unprecedented period of productivity, and some went on to fight in World War II.

You have been referred to as "the greatest generation any society has ever produced."

You did not fight for fame or recognition, but because it was the right thing to do.

Not many of you are left, but to those that remain with us, and to those that have gone, we honor you in remembrance and thanks!
Great post,Thanks to all that served and are currently serving.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent Thread! My father was a Pearl Harbor Survivor, 18 yrs old at the time. BB-38 USS Pennsylvania. Yes, I agree...America's greatest generation! Pearl Harbor........Never Forget!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 12-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Wink Why N O B O D Y will ever invade the U S A.

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I highly recommend a trip to the Arizona Memorial if at all possible during your lifetime.
This. Yes.
We should always honor what that generation did to save the world.

The world has changed a bit since then:

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That’s great. There were over 600,000 hunters. Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world – more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined – deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay. But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan’s 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Thank you!

Amen brother, well said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.