Conviction upheld in slaying of Don Aronow

Notices

Conviction upheld in slaying of Don Aronow

Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terry summers
I'm originally from Southern Illinois and keep up on the local news online and caught this story awhile back:http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=141165
Interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Lanier
Old 12-09-2010, 03:44 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good article on the Aronow / Kramer story here ...

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...ts/don-aronow/
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by terry summers
I'm originally from Southern Illinois and keep up on the local news online and caught this story awhile back:http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=141165
still at it! nice find
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Wow. All great and informative articles. I remember Randy Laniers conviction in the auto racing world but did not remember him being partners w/Kramer.
I was 100% convinced that it was Kramer due to the Team USA deal gone bad. The Miami newspaper story in the link high lights the cash part of the deal and that Don would not return it when the USA deal went bad. In one of the books I read about Aronow they said that was one of his tactics in all his deals. A large cash down payment that was non refundable. Seems that the USA deal came with $230K cash that Kramer then almost immediately demanded back which Aronow refused to do.
The last couple mins of the Thunder Man movie shows most of the investigators and behind scenes people doubting the Kramer story though and is what got my attention. Producers agenda or no. (movie was definitely not what I expected when I bought it) Funny too that in the movie extras the hottie assistance basically says yeah he was a bad guy but I'd do him!
One thing for sure, there was enough history and drama down there in that era to make for a great movie if it would ever happen.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 12-10-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Federal prosecutors are allowed to use a Technicolor brush to taint, color and twist the truth. Anyone who has had a real exposure to the system knows this to be a fact. The bottom line is that Ben Kramer will do life for something half the country is voting to legalize and many child molesters are sent back to their neighborhoods without treatment or significant penalty.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Federal prosecutors are allowed to use a Technicolor brush to taint, color and twist the truth. Anyone who has had a real exposure to the system knows this to be a fact. The bottom line is that Ben Kramer will do life for something half the country is voting to legalize and many child molesters are sent back to their neighborhoods without treatment or significant penalty.
Well said !!!!!

X2
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 2,956 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
One thing for sure, there was enough history and drama down there in that era to make for a great movie if it would ever happen.
Ridley & Tony Scott (Aliens, American Ganster, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Hannibal, etc. etc. etc.) have the rights to the movie and are working with Don Aronow's son, using his book as a guide but trying to get a good screen play hashed out. In the mean time it keeps getting pushed back. I saw the intial draft screen play about 3 years ago but in typical Scott form, they want it to be better (understandable) than what it is, so it's in re-writes. It'll get done. They have a list of movies a mile long that jump about in priority on the "to do list".

I can tell you this, it'll be worth the wait when it finally arrives.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ridley & Tony Scott (Aliens, American Ganster, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Hannibal, etc. etc. etc.) have the rights to the movie and are working with Don Aronow's son, using his book as a guide but trying to get a good screen play hashed out. In the mean time it keeps getting pushed back. I saw the intial draft screen play about 3 years ago but in typical Scott form, they want it to be better (understandable) than what it is, so it's in re-writes. It'll get done. They have a list of movies a mile long that jump about in priority on the "to do list".

I can tell you this, it'll be worth the wait when it finally arrives.
Let's start a contest to see who can guess who will play Aronow. With the uncertain timing, it'll be even more challenging. They might not be a star yet.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 2,956 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
Let's start a contest to see who can guess who will play Aronow. With the uncertain timing, it'll be even more challenging. They might not be a star yet.
They love Russel Crowe, he's in a lot of their movies. I don't think he'd actually be that bad of a cast for the part.

Though, after I just typed this I called my buddy and he explained they just cant get a script to work and the project is most likely going to be put on the back burner longer, maybe indefinately. I guess we'll just have to see.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Tom Sellek (sp)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.