Tampa's Gasparilla Pirate Invasion >

Tampa's Gasparilla Pirate Invasion

Notices

Tampa's Gasparilla Pirate Invasion

Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tampa's Gasparilla Pirate Invasion

Wow what fantastic weather we had this weekend. Early in the week it was cold and rainy a few days and we were all hoping for drier and warmer weather for Saturday's Gasparilla Invasion- Friday afternoon the wind died and by noon on Saturday it was close to 70 degrees on the bay. Once we get through all of our pics I should have more interesting stuff to post. Below are a couple of pics just to give you an idea of how Gasparilla begins on the water.

Boats of all sizes starting to line up to follow the Jose Gaspar-

The Jose Gaspar starting to lead the flotilla towards Harbor Island- Grand Marshal Jim Belushi on the port side of bow with white shirt and headphones-

Side view of pirate ship-

Nice looking 336-

Very nice looking Stinger-

Saw a lot of other nice boats that may be represented here on the board but my assignments included drinking and throwing beads so I missed getting pictures of a couple of nice fountains, a white black thunder, a newer Donzi 38ZR.

Forecast for the next three days is clear and 70's wooohoo

Rick

Last edited by Powerquest230; 01-30-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: fix photo
Old 01-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Wow what fantastic weather we had this weekend. Early in the week it was cold and rainy a few days and we were all hoping for drier and warmer weather for Saturday's Gasparilla Invasion- Friday afternoon the wind died and by noon on Saturday it was close to 70 degrees on the bay. Once we get through all of our pics I should have more interesting stuff to post. Below are a couple of pics just to give you an idea of how Gasparilla begins on the water.

Boats of all sizes starting to line up to follow the Jose Gaspar-

The Jose Gaspar starting to lead the flotilla towards Harbor Island- Grand Marshal Jim Belushi on the port side of bow with white shirt and headphones-

Side view of pirate ship-

Nice looking 336-

Very nice looking Stinger-

Saw a lot of other nice boats that may be represented here on the board but my assignments included drinking and throwing beads so I missed getting pictures of a couple of nice fountains, a white black thunder, a newer Donzi 38ZR.

Forecast for the next three days is clear and 70's wooohoo

Rick
Keep the pics coming Bro! Thank you for posting. I am sorry I missed Gasparilla this year. I heard it was perfect weather also. How many boats do you think followed the pirate ship?
Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was there and it was a blast! Definitely a good time! The weather was great and there were tons of boats out there, overall couldn't ask for a nicer day! The scenery was also good if you know what I mean. lol
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gasparilla was great!! perfect weather! Good pics too
Old 01-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for pics! Nice. Looks like a great event again.
The weather was fantastic this weekend.