Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!! >

OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Notices

OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Old 05-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That really sucks Chuck..

I know been there done that for the past two years.. Well just think positive, get that resume polished and published. Mich Works is a good place. When you go for unemployment they make you sign up. I have had several hits off of that site. Now save what you can for gas money.. and tell all your friends that dont have boats to take one or two days a week off.. Have them rotate and buy the gas.. That way you can boat the rest of the summer!! If you schedule the rest of the summer, you will have every business in the world bugging you to come work for them. Hold out as long as you can for the best offer, then reschedule the boating for the weekends.....

Stay positive man.. I did this last summer had the schedule all made out and the boat never ran... but yours runs.. so go for it!!

Think Positive!! Think Positive!! Think Positive!

Dick
Old 05-15-2002, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dick,
I bet your glad to be home !
Yes the Michworks site is really good. Your right about the scheduling thing. This really isn't going to be too bad as long as I can find some "under the table income" , the job market is going to turn around, they aren't going to stop designing cars it is just going to take probably eight months to a year.
It is a good thing that the boat is done, now I just have to work on keeping it !!
I will probably be on your side of the state May 29th for the monthly fun run. I've been talking to Rambunctious quite a bit. So maybe we can hook up. I might be riding solo so I could use a copilot !
Old 05-15-2002, 12:56 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck,
I was home for about two days+.... Now I am in Schaumburg, IL..
I will be headed home for the weekend to work on the boat motor.
I have the truck down here with me.. It is running pretty good after the trans rebuild. Still a lot of bugs to work out, but progress is being made!!
Well time for bed. have to be able to think in the morning..

Good luck my friend!!

Dick
Old 05-15-2002, 06:26 AM
jr

Sorry to hear about that. We went throught the same thing a couple times already. Its not easy, I hope it all works out.

Are still working for Plastech? We've had a couple engineers move over to there. Dean Stevens, and Dan Haser. Sound familar? Have you given Mascotech, or Bartech a call yet? I'll keep my ear to the ground over at Visteon but right now things are tough. If we start looking for anyone I'll let you know.

Best of luck.

Old 05-15-2002, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck,

i don't understand.....!!! it floors me. Did Wally call you. I spoke with him personally and he said he got your email and would call you to not leave you hanging regarding seeing your email. I'm off and runnin. we need Plastech people, i can tell you the exact projects....................

I'll be right back.

I'm confident it will work out better for you because you will soon be enjoying the sunny west coast ( of Michigan). Heck... our beaches are cleaner and whiter than Santa Monica !!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:43 AM
25 Eagle

People in this town would give a arm to park cars, especially at the big hotels. They make some good money and Sam doesn't see all of it. Good Luck

Old 05-15-2002, 11:11 AM
jr

Rambunctious, who do you work for over there. I know a couple people on that side of the state in PD.

Old 05-15-2002, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck, Let me know when the bidding starts on the Scarab?!?! LOL j/k.....bad joke.

Bummer about the job situation, at least you have a notice and it's not same day like alot of people.

Old 05-15-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Hey Man, give me a P. Mess. and I'll hook you up with my Brother who places Engineers , Designers maybe He ,or one of his bud's can help out. I'm over here at DCX on CATIA doing Advanced Design stuff. Sorry about your plite, we went through some of that here at Chrysler, thank goodness I'm union represented, sort of a blue/white collar thing, works for Me and the Misses. Let Me know glad to help !!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 02:30 PM
jr

Sounds like we have a butt load of designers and engineers here.

It turns out that Rambunctious and I use to work in the same building, got hired at the same time, worked 1 floor apart, and worked for the same contract house over ten years ago. Rambunctious worked as an engineer and I was a designer on two different commodities. He now works in the same building for the same company as my wifes old roomates/bridemaids brother. But we never met.

Talk about a small world.

Rambunctious, ever get Kevin's biscuits and gravy in the cafeteria? God I miss that cafe. What a place to work.

Quick Reply: OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.