new boat/engine drive combo??????

Notices

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
As for the topic...Tracy has been considering a 39 Cig and is researching Ilmor power.

Anything wrong with that? Apparently according to JS the Cig hater.
Nothing wrong with that at all. It was a simple thread asking for advise, that all of a sudden turned into Cig is the best boat out there..From my prospectrum I believe the thread was really about a 37 AT, from conversations that we have had.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

I answered. Is that not the subject of this thread? Tracy moving from a 43 NT to a 39 Cig????
Really, he is looking, by your own admittance can't even get a ride on one and you have chalked him up to being an owner?

Now who exactly is stupid..................
Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Lot's of heat up in this thread. We could use it this time of year.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

BTW the Top Fish is a 39 foot boat with a TEN FOOT BEAM, so tell me genius exactly how did they get that out of the Top Gun mold?

And the Legend is Cig's answer to the "sport" boats like NT with a microwave and enclosed head for your sorry azz. They finally introduce a model with all the pimpy crap you desire and you don't know what to call it??? I guess that 80 NT yacht sure is core performance though?
WTF is a legend? The Gran Sport is the 49. Boat easily has Cig's nicest attempt at an interior but the lines on this boat are hideous. It is a bloated bath tub.
Nortech knocked it out of the park on both of their 80's and didn't have to rely on Turkey to build their yacht like Skip attempted with the ill-fated 55. What was the thinking behind the "American Legend" *built in Turkey?......hahahaha classic oxymoron.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Lot's of heat up in this thread. We could use it this time of year.
You could flatline Tommy by correcting him and saying Tracy is actually thinking AT w/Ilmors.

For the record, I like AT's and their unlimited options for change. Pat seems like he would go the extra mile to make sure you got the boat you wanted. BTW two Ciggy owners bought AT's last year (Customryder and that guy in Texas that built the blue 600 boat) but Cig doesn't have any client retention issues.......

Clark's refresh was a nice factory touch as well, can't see that being done in Opalocka!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You could flatline Tommy by correcting him and saying Tracy is actually thinking AT w/Ilmors.
I was subtly mentioning that possibility existed several pages ago but everyone was too wound up in the whole Ciggy thing to notice.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Nothing wrong with that at all. It was a simple thread asking for advise, that all of a sudden turned into Cig is the best boat out there..From my prospectrum I believe the thread was really about a 37 AT, from conversations that we have had.
My my how we can spin things around; ...all I was commenting on was the stupid, lame azz comment that JS found it SHOCKING that someone would move from NT to Cig.

So tell me, do you really find it SHOCKING that someone would make that move...REALLY???
And all I asked was exactly how many guys HE knew that went from Cig to NT and you chimed in. Is that thumping for Cig? It was just a simple question to see if he knew what he was bloviating about. I'm not shocked any time some moves from one brand to another; they have their resaons or needs change and there are alot of good boats out there. So why did you sell your last 43? Did your needs change???

And as for talking about AT why don't you read post 7, 8, 9???

Last edited by omerta one; 12-13-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: backwards
Old 12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 63 Posts

In post 7 he simply comments that Cig will not do Ilmors so if he wants them he might have to look elsewhere.
Post eight confirms they wont.
Post nine he admits to being an old bastard.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

WTF is a legend? The Gran Sport is the 49. Boat easily has Cig's nicest attempt at an interior but the lines on this boat are hideous. It is a bloated bath tub.
Nortech knocked it out of the park on both of their 80's and didn't have to rely on Turkey to build their yacht like Skip attempted with the ill-fated 55. What was the thinking behind the "American Legend" *built in Turkey?......hahahaha classic oxymoron.
I thought when they first came out they were called Legends..maybe not, my bad...but the point isn't whether you like it or not (we all know you are a Cig hater) you wrote:

They haven't come up with a new performance boat in years and the amenities on board are stuck in 1988.

Obvioulsy you are mistaken...that is the point; not to mention that you obviously like to have it both ways.

It ok for NT to build a sport boat but it is not ok for Cig to build a sport boat; it is ok for NT to build a yacht but not ok for Cig to buld a yacht. WTF???

I do agree the yacht Cig built was not their best effort; nor am I a big fan of the 49's styling.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For the record, I like AT's and their unlimited options for change. Pat seems like he would go the extra mile to make sure you got the boat you wanted. BTW two Ciggy owners bought AT's last year (Customryder and that guy in Texas that built the blue 600 boat) but Cig doesn't have any client retention issues.......

Clark's refresh was a nice factory touch as well, can't see that being done in Opalocka!
Customryder hardly counts...he has had everything and usually buys what he feels is the best deal out there at the time. He does profess to really like his whippled AT though. Can't recall; has he ever had a NT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.