new boat/engine drive combo?????? >

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Notices

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
You know you guys are screwin up Jay dont you !!!

When two of his buds get into an argument on here he cant run to photoshop and favour us with a pic of something coming out of someones head.
I think Jay should change it up 4 the holidays & have sump'n cum'n out of someones AZZZZZz!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Cig has great history, #1 and everything but hasn't really evolved as a manufacturer and it has hurt their retention rates. They haven't come up with a new performance boat in years and the amenities on board are stuck in 1988. NT/OL/others are capturing the market when Cig owners want more or like in this thread want a change (Ilmor power).

NT has probably built more large performance cats (36 ft+) in the last 8-10 years than anyone. They have a perfect all around package, so while they don't race and don't always have the fastest they still are at the top of their game.

Plus they have rockstar customer service which no doubt helps retain customers. Have you ever heard a bad C.S. story about them? How many times have people noted that Terry and the NT gang went out of their way to help even when they are a non-NT client? NT even takes boats back for remodeling of paint/interior/power yet Cig is hard pressed to get you anything once the boat is 2-3 years old (Phil excluded from this comparison of course).

I suspect NT/OL would build you any boat you want with Ilmor power and even throw in an enclosed head rather than a sh!tter box in the middle of an 80's vinyl coated cabin with an igloo cooler strapped down in the corner (of course w/logos on everything!).

When it comes to spending 500K on a 40 ft boat you put 100 hours a year on and can't sleep on a lot of things matter other than the logo on the side........
I completely agree with most everything said here, however i would like to think outloud for just a minute. It seems like Cig has tried to change things up (bullet, cafe, gladiator, etc) but they just don't stay in the lineup. Is it margin or that Cig buyers want the classic Cig look? Can Cig successfully sell a boat that may not look like a cigarette? They are in a unique position then most builders because of the history of Cig. Cig Buyers are buying that history. I was talking to a buddy to day infact and found ti funny on Cigs web site the line "if you've seen one, thats all you've seen. Its at the point that when you have seen one you have seen a hundred just different paint, and interior colors. I'm not trying to start and argument here just something to think about.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered

A little spirit of the season!!!
Attached Thumbnails new boat/engine drive combo??????-awesome-pups-.jpg  
Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Pat did get me out 4 a nice sea trial,C AT forum!! Appreciated the ride! Could not pull off the Cig ride, some stuff fell apart!!
keep trying, but get the numbers worked out first. Go ride the 39. At the end of the day, you have to look at what's important to you, and fit's your boating needs. The 39 will be about 80-100k more. If the cabin and bathroom situation is important, the 37 AT will have more room. Even though we wear the pants in the family, its our lady who tells us which one to put on.. Looks of both boats, all personal preference. Both ride well, but Ive only experienced a rough water ride, many times, on the AT. All CIGs handle rough water well, just can't comment on this. Good Luck fella. JJ
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
Even though we wear the pants in the family, its our lady who tells us which one to put on.. Good Luck fella. JJ
Connie can give me 1 earth shattering look when she wants 2!!!!! Thanx Dude!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Connie can give me 1 earth shattering look when she wants 2!!!!! Thanx Dude!!!
If your gonna do the AT go for the 43! That would be a sweet package with Ilmors for sure. Since the side by sides tend to have more weight concentrated at the transom the Ilmors could be a real good fit for that setup. I'm sure AT can figure it out.

Last edited by omerta one; 12-14-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
All CIGs handle rough water well, just can't comment on this. Good Luck fella. JJ
Old 12-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
I completely agree with most everything said here, however i would like to think outloud for just a minute. It seems like Cig has tried to change things up (bullet, cafe, gladiator, etc) but they just don't stay in the lineup. Is it margin or that Cig buyers want the classic Cig look? Can Cig successfully sell a boat that may not look like a cigarette? They are in a unique position then most builders because of the history of Cig. Cig Buyers are buying that history. I was talking to a buddy to day infact and found ti funny on Cigs web site the line "if you've seen one, thats all you've seen. Its at the point that when you have seen one you have seen a hundred just different paint, and interior colors. I'm not trying to start and argument here just something to think about.

You keep talking this kind of crazytalk and Skip and the Ciggy boys might revoke your membership in the Cig club!
Blasphemy doesn't go over well with the Cig guys!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You keep talking this kind of crazytalk and Skip and the Ciggy boys might revoke your membership in the Cig club!
Blasphemy doesn't go over well with the Cig guys!
Don't get a woody...he said "most" not "all".
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Don't get a woody...he said "most" not "all".
Hey I just figured he disagreed with the Cig has great history, #1 part.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.