new boat/engine drive combo?????? >

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Notices

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
I completely agree with most everything said here, however i would like to think outloud for just a minute. It seems like Cig has tried to change things up (bullet, cafe, gladiator, etc) but they just don't stay in the lineup. Is it margin or that Cig buyers want the classic Cig look? Can Cig successfully sell a boat that may not look like a cigarette? They are in a unique position then most builders because of the history of Cig. Cig Buyers are buying that history. I was talking to a buddy to day infact and found ti funny on Cigs web site the line "if you've seen one, thats all you've seen. Its at the point that when you have seen one you have seen a hundred just different paint, and interior colors. I'm not trying to start and argument here just something to think about.
I have to be honest; history played a part in our decision to buy a Cig however, after seeing the boats assembled I was convinced. There is a significant difference in quality, period. Additionally, at this level choosing a manufacturer that runs the business on core values and longevity wins my vote. BTW; due diligence period was two years, did the homework.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Hey I just figured he disagreed with the Cig has great history, #1 part.......
Yep, when Don got shot it was a total bummer...
Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 884 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
I have to be honest; history played a part in our decision to buy a Cig however, after seeing the boats assembled I was convinced. There is a significant difference in quality, period. Additionally, at this level choosing a manufacturer that runs the business on core values and longevity wins my vote. BTW; due diligence period was two years, did the homework.
Your building a great boat with awesome paint. Just out of curiousity did you actually visit any other manufacturers factory's?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
Yep, when Don got shot it was a total bummer...
Your quick today!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Your building a great boat with awesome paint. Just out of curiousity did you actually visit any other manufacturers factory's?
I dont believe he ever came up here. And that is going to be a great looking 39!! No offense but I dont think Skip and core values has ever been used in the same sentence! Cigarette does rig a very nice piece!!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

Cig has an impressive factory from the pics/stories I have seen/heard. No scraps on the floor, showroom looking place vs. a dusty warehouse type place that is 40 years old so I can easily believe someone is impressed with the facility.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I dont believe he ever came up here. And that is going to be a great looking 39!! No offense but I dont think Skip and core values has ever been used in the same sentence! Cigarette does rig a very nice piece!!
Holy horse collars Batman that just may be one of the biggest slams ever posted...now there is an idea for a new contest thread!!!! The biggest slam thread.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Holy horse collars Batman that just may be one of the biggest slams ever posted...now there is an idea for a new contest thread!!!! The biggest slam thread.
Just what I've heard from the employees that were fired. Congrats on the Glad Tom!! You'll really enjoy it!! Heck not many people in the marine industry are associated with good core values as we have seen over the years.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-14-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Fair question, I actually did. I've been a partner in a Nordic dealership for the last eight years. Have owned three 35 Nordic's dating back to 2000 and visited the factory many times. Went to NT and saw the first 80' during finale build stage - that was a Wow! Also, went to AT several years back, nice people. Meet the Schaldenbrand guys at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run, great guys, great boats.

In the end, had to have the Cig wanted one since age 16, can't wait for delivery. Making good progress will pass along pictures soon.

Thx
Gary
Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cig has an impressive factory from the pics/stories I have seen/heard. No scraps on the floor, showroom looking place vs. a dusty warehouse type place that is 40 years old so I can easily believe someone is impressed with the facility.
LOL! Dude they like moved into the new place this decade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.