Notices

Reggie Resigns

Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I totally agree!

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
I feel sorry for all of the investors who took a hit. Anyone who has owned stock in a company to watch it squanderd away will understand. Even as the stock became a "penny stock" Fountain boats inc. were pissing away money on racing. Remember the old saying: How do you make a million dolars boat racing? Start with 2 million. Just like many other high profile boat companies, the owner pissed away the shareholders money. Yes Reggie was/is a successful builder, but at whose expense?-the shareholders. The sad part is that when Reggie starts a new company, there will be many who will purchase stock ignoring his business history.
I agree with you and the others that are pointing out the fact that lot's of people lost their jobs over this not too mention all of the vendors / partners that backed him and trusted him. Blame it on the economy or whatever other excuse but Outerlimits (Mr. Fiore) was man enough to say he had to scale back to stay profitable and he showed true remorse for his employees doing it. There is no room in this economy for another boat mfg. and is anyone going to just hand Reggie money to start one up? As far as Reggie building a Cat line to compete against Nortech, Skater, or MTI...good luck! These companies not only survived the downturn but like another member pointed out they have a huge waiting list! Congrats to the smart businessmen who made it through and are growing. Like I said in another discussion, at least Liberty saved the company. Reggie should have swallowed his pride / ego and stayed part of what he built and signed the no-compete. It's time for him to retire and I hope he did save some money to retire on after this mess. I do give him credit for what he did for the sport. The backers ususally get very little out of a bankruptcy and now that will hurt their businesses.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
AS FOR MY BROTHER WYATT ONLY HE CAN MAKE HIS DECISIONS! MYSELF(REGGIE III) I AM WITH MY DAD AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUTURE!
Yeah Baby!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

AS FOR MY BROTHER WYATT ONLY HE CAN MAKE HIS DECISIONS! MYSELF(REGGIE III) I AM WITH MY DAD AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUTURE!
COOL
Old 12-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best wishes on your new endeavor Reggie
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Good luck to your dad and you and your brother with whatever you decide to do in the future. Fountain is not Fountain without Reggie. As for me, I will keep running my 04 35 X and acccept all of the complimnets graciously.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Registered

Default video..

from the man himself..

http://www2.wnct.com/business/2010/d...com/ar/607101/
Old 12-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Best of luck to you guys, I truly hope you stick it t those guys and come on top!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

What about the Fountain name? Does Liberty have sole use of it or does your father?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
What about the Fountain name? Does Liberty have sole use of it or does your father?
I CANT WAIT FOR 2011! ITS GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear!! I have a lot of respect for your dad and family Looking forward to the rise of the Phoenix!!! I will miss working boat shows with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.