Fiat Fpt Diesel 560 Hp 1000+tq

Notices

Fiat Fpt Diesel 560 Hp 1000+tq

Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
if your boat did 74 mph with out a multi tran's im sure if it had one 80 mph would be no problem .
i guess the question is can the multi tran's be as reliable as the deisal's

thank's
mike

Mike, maybe I misunderstood on my set up... The multi only makes it easier to get up on plane as it goes through the gears, but still yeilds the same top speed if the ratios were the same.. thanks Jeff
Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i sold the fountain , i cant get it of my avatar .
but i am looking into getting another boat in the near future.
some where between the 40 and 45 ft range 8 to 8.5 beam .
when this does happen you can come down anytime to check out the boat and help dial in if you want . and im sure at that time i will have a lot of question's on gear ratio and other stuff .

thank's
mike
May I make a suggestion? Eliminator has the 43 Larry Smith Scarab molds and they got 80 from their staggered Cummins 480 setup last year. They may still have the boat. Just a thought...
Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
May I make a suggestion? Eliminator has the 43 Larry Smith Scarab molds and they got 80 from their staggered Cummins 480 setup last year. They may still have the boat. Just a thought...
I was told they got high 73's...by two sources... NorTech got 82 on their 39.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pantera 41 with diesels would be a way cool boat.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike, at some point you just simply don't have enough Hp!

I read something on OSO about the old Apache 45 and how Tres explained to the owner that "hey Hp is Hp and if you have two engines equal in Hp to the 3 engines of lesser Hp then it all the same (yes the extra weight slows a little)".

Now, I'm going to vent - why when I say Hp is Hp and propeller doesn't know diesel from gas it just knows the RPM's it's turning do people on here still go "but it's a diesel".

Hp is Hp, when you run out, you run out - there is always tweaking for an extra couple of mph but look at any of the successful diesel raceboats that ran UIM 1 or 2 and the net Hp was greater than that of the gas boats they beat - need I say more about Hp being Hp? Less Hp just don't get it done son!

What the diesel has that the little gas engines don't have is the ability to make that Hp hour after hour. I watch all these boring 3 second power pull videos on here of gas engine dyno pulls - why can't you bring it to 1,200 hp and leave it there for 2 hours and not let off?

Take the old 900Hp SeaTek race engines, I watched them run on the dyno at 900hp, go take a crap, eat lunch next door at Ferrari's house and go back and the damm thing is still at 900hp the whole time.

That is why the diesels were so dominate in UIM 1 especially when races were 150 miles or longer, not torque but sustainable Hp. You put a proper diesel boat in what Charlie wants to bring back - open ocean racing and it will dominate!!! Oh, yea, then a few gas engine boat owners & builders will strong arm Charlie and boycott his races, not give him support or sponsor dollars and bingo diesels will banished again!!! *** I do not believe Charlie would cave in it's just for the purpose of example, Charlie has ethics!***

Ok, I will go crawl under my rock again for now - thank you!

Jeff - your the best, I really need crawl out and start meeting you guys sometime!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Mike, at some point you just simply don't have enough Hp!

I read something on OSO about the old Apache 45 and how Tres explained to the owner that "hey Hp is Hp and if you have two engines equal in Hp to the 3 engines of lesser Hp then it all the same (yes the extra weight slows a little)".

Now, I'm going to vent - why when I say Hp is Hp and propeller doesn't know diesel from gas it just knows the RPM's it's turning do people on here still go "but it's a diesel".

Hp is Hp, when you run out, you run out - there is always tweaking for an extra couple of mph but look at any of the successful diesel raceboats that ran UIM 1 or 2 and the net Hp was greater than that of the gas boats they beat - need I say more about Hp being Hp? Less Hp just don't get it done son!

What the diesel has that the little gas engines don't have is the ability to make that Hp hour after hour. I watch all these boring 3 second power pull videos on here of gas engine dyno pulls - why can't you bring it to 1,200 hp and leave it there for 2 hours and not let off?

Take the old 900Hp SeaTek race engines, I watched them run on the dyno at 900hp, go take a crap, eat lunch next door at Ferrari's house and go back and the damm thing is still at 900hp the whole time.

That is why the diesels were so dominate in UIM 1 especially when races were 150 miles or longer, not torque but sustainable Hp. You put a proper diesel boat in what Charlie wants to bring back - open ocean racing and it will dominate!!! Oh, yea, then a few gas engine boat owners & builders will strong arm Charlie and boycott his races, not give him support or sponsor dollars and bingo diesels will banished again!!! *** I do not believe Charlie would cave in it's just for the purpose of example, Charlie has ethics!***

Ok, I will go crawl under my rock again for now - thank you!

Jeff - your the best, I really need crawl out and start meeting you guys sometime!
Go take a crap THEN eat lunch that's why we love you Joe! Good info delivered with humor I read all your posts, lmao and learn something new every time.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, I try not to sound as bitter as I really am about things!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if your boat did 74 mph with out a multi tran's im sure if it had one 80 mph would be no problem .
i guess the question is can the multi tran's be as reliable as the deisal's

thank's
mike
Dead WRONG!

It will not change top end by 1 mph, and due to the extra length (twice that of a single speed), and the extra weight (nearly twice of a single speed) they might even cost you mph. Notice I did not mention the parasitic loss of the multiple speeds in comparison.

Believe me, you can double everything from the size to the price when going from a a single to a two speed, but not the speed.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rik
Dead WRONG!

It will not change top end by 1 mph, and due to the extra length (twice that of a single speed), and the extra weight (nearly twice of a single speed) they might even cost you mph. Notice I did not mention the parasitic loss of the multiple speeds in comparison.

Believe me, you can double everything from the size to the price when going from a a single to a two speed, but not the speed.
If that's the case why bother with multispeeds? Why would the Weismanns waste all that time and money developing them if they don't do anything, indeed even reduce speed??
Old 12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys I have never owned a diesel boat but have always been intrigued by all it does have to offer, that a lot of you you have mentioned. Making consistant HP over long periods of time. I'm wondering what package/combo you might recommend for a 24' Pantera? Most of the diesel's have been on bigger boats and I always wonder what would work on a smaller boat like my old 24'. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for all the info. you guys provide on the board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.