Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,, >

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Notices

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh come on....Of course he's an ass alot of the time, but he does it with a certain charisma that doesn't offend me, even when I've been shot down by him over the years out of no where. I'm positive that Rich wouldn't recognize me if we were introduced face to face, even using screen names to help, and that's totally fine with me. He doesn't have to give a chit about anyone, or what they say.

I can promise you a LOT of people don't like Reggie's ways, but don't get people up in arms about it like T2x seems to have recently. I think this is because Rich usually has something of substance to say, but doesn't deliver it with a bow on top, or with a "Too Old" ring to it.

If Rich was a no nothing, "poser", in the offshore world, there would be NO threads like these about him, positive or negative. This thread clearly shows, that his comments & opinions carry enough weigh, to make people feel like he could actually hurt someones reputation or future all by himself.

The guy HAS done a lot for powerboating other than voice races from the helo. Shadow Cats are infamous to anyone that has any historical knowledge of offshore racing. I think he's a dumbass for burning his hulls, or whatever actually happened, but that probably had a lot to do with the negative attitude some of you guys are offended by that he presents. Never the less, he remains a past & current figure in powerboating, as well as up to date on the latest technologies & strategies needed to be successful in this sport.

He also has a son with serious day to day needs, & I'd imagine that gets real tiring no matter how much love & support he has to give as a father. Why can't he come here & blow off some steam by posting his comments with the rest of us? If you don't have interest in what he says, then simply don't read it? A lot of other people have bashed Reggie in those threads, but since they are nobodies, they dont' get a thread like this one pointed at calling them out. Again, they don't carry the weight, & respect that Rich does, positive or negative.

A true Reggie fan, knows this:

Reggie Fountain isn't going to suffer OR benefit ultimately from what T2x's opinions of him are one bit, and the Reggie I've met & read about for years, REALLY doen't need anyone to protect him from the negative comments people have to say, since he's dealt with that his entire career. WINNERS, get hated on, and Reggie is a winner on some level with everyone, or he wouldn't be worth making fun of to anyone.

Finally, this thread is totally against the "personal attack" policy on OSO, and pretty hypocritical for lack of a better term. BUT, since it's T2x, and I KNOW he would be more angry at someone for deleting it, rather than letting him defend himself & take others down a notch in the process.

Last edited by BLee; 12-16-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default Interesting.

Originally Posted by T2x
Actually even the beak came from Allison. Paul (Darris' father) used them to reach the minimum length rules in the old OPC classes.
So that now makes these new innnovations from the late '60's
Old 12-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
a person is now only as good as his most recent accomplishment and being the internet if it didn't happen in the last 12 mnths it didn't happen or matter. I see too many knowledgeable, experienced and willing to help individuals run off by keyboard pilots.
Once that happens we are left w/the "experts" that have read all the recent posts on said website, all their Powerboat and Poker Run of America mags and think/spew this as knowledge and or first hand experience. So a guy has an attitude. Don't read his posts!

BTW, here's a picture for the Fountain fans. Here's where all of Reggies "innovations" came from. Built in 1977 Course all but the ugly ass beak came from the bottom of an Allison which now has multiple patents just in case.

Nice pic. Looks like a 15 viper with a big looper. Agree with the keyboard pilot part. or maybe an alli

Last edited by monstaaa; 12-16-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Ok the last few T2X replies just made me spew coffee through my nose!
Rich (T2X) the few times I met him and hung out with him is the most down to earth, nicest guy you could ever meet. He just calls it like he sees it. He has forgot more about boats and offshore racing than most of us will ever know. He has worked with or against every big name racer and builder over the past 40 years.
He also has an incredible son who, unlike rich claims himself but probably has many, does hold an amazing world record (Worlds fastest physically challenged throttleman 132mph).
Rich is a great guy and has an amazing career and family.
And Monstaa, you are right in expressing your opinion and wanting to know what backs up other people's positions on things.
Merry Christmas to all you guys on either side of this discussion.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Oh come on....Of course he's an ass alot of the time, but he does it with a certain charisma that doesn't offend me, even when I've been shot down by him over the years out of no where. I'm positive that Rich wouldn't recognize me if we were introduced face to face, even using screen names to help, and that's totally fine with me. He doesn't have to give a chit about anyone, or what they say.

I can promise you a LOT of people don't like Reggie's ways, but don't get people up in arms about it like T2x seems to have recently. I think this is because Rich usually has something of substance to say, but doesn't deliver it with a bow on top, or with a "Too Old" ring to it.

If Rich was a no nothing, "poser", in the offshore world, there would be NO threads like these about him, positive or negative. This thread clearly shows, that his comments & opinions carry enough weigh, to make people feel like he could actually dude relax,,, no attacking just stating an opinion. And what hurt someones reputation or future all by himself.

The guy HAS done a lot for powerboating other than voice races from the helo. Shadow Cats are infamous to anyone that has any historical knowledge of offshore racing. I think he's a dumbass for burning his hulls, or whatever actually happened, but that probably had a lot to do with the negative attitude some of you guys are offended by that he presents. Never the less, he remains a past & current figure in powerboating, as well as up to date on the latest technologies & strategies needed to be successful in this sport.

He also has a son with serious day to day needs, & I'd imagine that gets real tiring no matter how much love & support he has to give as a father. Why can't he come here & blow off some steam by posting his comments with the rest of us? If you don't have interest in what he says, then simply don't read it? A lot of other people have bashed Reggie in those threads, but since they are nobodies, they dont' get a thread like this one pointed at calling them out. Again, they don't carry the weight, & respect that Rich does, positive or negative.

A true Reggie fan, knows this:

Reggie Fountain isn't going to suffer OR benefit ultimately from what T2x's opinions of him are one bit, and the Reggie I've met & read about for years, REALLY doen't need anyone to protect him from the negative comments people have to say, since he's dealt with that his entire career. WINNERS, get hated on, and Reggie is a winner on some level with everyone, or he wouldn't be worth making fun of to anyone.

Finally, this thread is totally against the "personal attack" policy on OSO, and pretty hypocritical for lack of a better term. BUT, since it's T2x, and I KNOW he would be more angry at someone for deleting it, rather than letting him defend himself & take others down a notch in the process.
None angry here. And for sure I am not attacking. You don't have to read this thread either. I as t2 have an opinion. And it comes from listening and watching for quite sometime. Delete the thread, please. That's exactly y I stated it. He has done exactly as I have posted. So what I should know my place and keep my nobody,knownothing, silly mouth shut because I have an opinion that may go against the grain??? Ahhhhh. No.this site is for all and none regardless of position age gender, intellect height or accomplishments should feel as if they can't have an opinion.

I will say this, didn't expect such a count . And maybe one day I ll get to meet Mr t2 in person as a result.
I say to you again I mean you no harm. No disrespect. Nor am I trying to discount you. Just eat some cherries maybe you ll sweeten up.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by apache727
His posts tend to be brutally honest and I have to agree with him at least 95% of the time. I have always thought his posts were the most entertaining on OSO or S&F...
I agree with this post above in regards to T2x, he has been informative and helpful to me through the years. If you don't like like what he posts, ignore his posts and read other threads. As far as bitter, I think the phrase brutally honest is a better/best representation of how he seems to me.

And Bo, you were helpful to me a few years ago with respect to high water pressure issues with Bravo outdrives with low water pick-ups. I have gained good information from the both of you (Monstaa and T2x). Guys keep the information coming (posts), I take what I like and I will ignore the rest of the posts that I do not like.

Happy Holidays!

Stephen
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Rich is not at all bitter.

If you think he is, you simply don't get his kind of humor.

I'm surprised he bothered posting here to a bunch of Reggie fans whose minds are firmly closed to any opinions but their own.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

OK...Ive certainly noticed Rich's contempt for Reggie over the years here on OSO, no question but I wonder......I remember Rich saying he drove for the Canadian Merc Tunnelboat Team and Reggie drove for the US Team but did Reggie take the seat on the more prestigious US team that maybe Rich wanted thus preventing Rich from being a world famous tunnelboat zillionaire and thus the long standing contempt??????.....or is the timeline screwed up

Just Askin'

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 12-16-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
I agree with this post above in regards to T2x, he has been informative and helpful to me through the years. If you don't like like what he posts, ignore his posts and read other threads. As far as bitter, I think the phrase brutally honest is a better/best representation of how he seems to me.

And Bo, you were helpful to me a few years ago with respect to high water pressure issues with Bravo outdrives with low water pick-ups. I have gained good information from the both of you (Monstaa and T2x). Guys keep the information coming (posts), I take what I like and I will ignore the rest of the posts that I do not like.

Happy Holidays!

Stephen
well thankyou, glad to have been a help.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wideawake
What is your problem?

It's not bashing when it's the truth.

If you're looking for politically correct, Rich is NOT your guy.

He "says what he means, and means what he says"

I've known Rich for 30-35 years. Raced against his boats, got my a$$ kicked many times, and returned the favor every chance I got. I was his nemisis and vice-versa. At times I kicked myself for not buying one of his hulls. Can't imagine what my success would have been had I done that.

Through thick and thin Rich was ALWAYS a gentleman and helped whenever his advice was requested.

Rich has forgotten more about performance boating than 99% of the people on this board have learned.

I respect Rich for his knowledge, and his willingness to share that knowledge with anyone that asks. But, most of all, I respect Rich for being a man of his word. In this world today, that is a trait that is sorely lacking.

You might not always like what Rich says, but, you can always believe it.
What a funny thread! It is WINTER folks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.