Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

who has the most minions???

T2X or Reggie????
Old 12-21-2010, 07:08 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Okay...Now it's my turn!.... I have been patient and let every nitwit get enough off their chests to satisfy even guys from Long Island whose outsized screen names and inability to fathom history mask obvious latent issues stemming from some kind of toilet training mishaps in their youth.

Aside from questioning his marketing boasts and occasionally pointing out his diminutive size and outsized ego, usually tongue in cheek.......... I think the whole concept of my "assaults" on Reggie has been overblown, as has a lot of the redundant crap on this thread. In the past I have joked about him and posted some Wall Street Journal articles and statistics on FPB back when it was a public company. From time to time, I would also provide similar facts on Brunswick and other marine holdings. Some of the pictures and Elvis comparisons I have seen on this and other websites from other people are far more vicious and mean spirited than anything that I have offered, and a few have gone way too far IMHO.

I will repeat again for the record.... Reggie is a great boat racer and competitor, a relentless self promoter, and has devoted a good portion of his life to a boat company that has in many ways defined him. I have very few heros. While he may not be one of them, that ranks him with the majority of folks I know. I think, if you take the time to check, you will find that the overwhelming majority of my posts had nothing to do with Reggie, his boats or his company. Frankly I wish him well and hope for his continued success, perhaps with a lower volume of self aggrandizement.

The issue here is not really Reggie....It is the thin skinned, humorless, tight *ssed attitude adopted by his loyal minions who, much like the pre-pubescent girls at Elvis concerts back in the day, seem to gush defensively at the very mention of his name or product. This thread has featured a non stop litany of redundant babble by a handful of folks led by one guy who seems to be doing little more than raising his own post count by repeating a very tiring, boring and narrow view point and at the same time disingenuosly claiming to "respect" me and to be "learning" something at the same time. For the record I have tried to take this offline and create a fair and balanced relationship with him...which apparently hasn't worked.

In reviewing this thread, there were a fascinating number of pages generated in only 2 or 3 days. It started with and featured off base criticisms by a few uninformed and grammatically challenged Budinski's , juxtaposed against numerous endorsements from some of the most respected guys in the sport....all in all a very nice Christmas present for T2x, who is an alter ego I created to stir up controversy (seems to be working, eh?) and educate people on the various misconceptions and marketing nonsense rampant in the high performance boating industry.

T2x has been put through pages of scrutiny on this thread.... and I'm still here...and I ain't complaining..... I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot with a few of you folks could you do the same...? Or would you adopt the same pompous, knee jerk, narrow minded, myopic, lliliputian, shallow, back water, cretinous, outraged, obtuse, off based, politically correct, sympathy grabbing, neanderthal level, frigidly humorless, defensive, mispelled, overblown, under informed, sophomoric, chicken sh*t, windbag, bellowing that you have managed to pollute this thread with before running off and claiming that you were somehow "wronged"?.

In the end...all these pages... which started as a challenge ...have become (as I predicted) a thread about nothing...... or at the very least...a mostly positive thread about T2x.... (with a gratuitous plug for "Big Seas" thrown in for good measure ) .. and a perfect example of how to shoot oneself in the foot by starting a thread, aimed at bringing down someone else, and than making an ignorant, redundant, over reaching and yes.....(sigh)...."bitter"...fool of yourself in the process.

And on that note..........

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

T2x

P.S. Please fight the need to respond if you are only going to add more endlessly repetitive fuel to your own pyre. This would probably be a good time to shut up.....or, if you have half a brain...delete this thread.

Just sayin...
(waiting. I think January 15th ish should be good . I'll come up with a few astounding and profound words and opinions to fliet you with. Happy holidays)
Old 12-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
at times yes... but pertaining to this thread no, just the facts. if you were down you wouldnt want to be kicked.
You have to admit, Reggie hangs it out there, he makes himself a target. If you're going to dish it out, you gotta take it. I wouldn't get so defensive about it, after all he's getting publicity which it's all about right?
Old 12-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Okay...Now it's my turn!.... I have been patient and let every nitwit get enough off their chests to satisfy even guys from Long Island whose outsized screen names and inability to fathom history mask obvious latent issues stemming from some kind of toilet training mishaps in their youth.

Aside from questioning his marketing boasts and occasionally pointing out his diminutive size and outsized ego, usually tongue in cheek.......... I think the whole concept of my "assaults" on Reggie has been overblown, as has a lot of the redundant crap on this thread. In the past I have joked about him and posted some Wall Street Journal articles and statistics on FPB back when it was a public company. From time to time, I would also provide similar facts on Brunswick and other marine holdings. Some of the pictures and Elvis comparisons I have seen on this and other websites from other people are far more vicious and mean spirited than anything that I have offered, and a few have gone way too far IMHO.

I will repeat again for the record.... Reggie is a great boat racer and competitor, a relentless self promoter, and has devoted a good portion of his life to a boat company that has in many ways defined him. I have very few heros. While he may not be one of them, that ranks him with the majority of folks I know. I think, if you take the time to check, you will find that the overwhelming majority of my posts had nothing to do with Reggie, his boats or his company. Frankly I wish him well and hope for his continued success, perhaps with a lower volume of self aggrandizement.

The issue here is not really Reggie....It is the thin skinned, humorless, tight *ssed attitude adopted by his loyal minions who, much like the pre-pubescent girls at Elvis concerts back in the day, seem to gush defensively at the very mention of his name or product. This thread has featured a non stop litany of redundant babble by a handful of folks led by one guy who seems to be doing little more than raising his own post count by repeating a very tiring, boring and narrow view point and at the same time disingenuosly claiming to "respect" me and to be "learning" something at the same time. For the record I have tried to take this offline and create a fair and balanced relationship with him...which apparently hasn't worked.

In reviewing this thread, there were a fascinating number of pages generated in only 2 or 3 days. It started with and featured off base criticisms by a few uninformed and grammatically challenged Budinski's , juxtaposed against numerous endorsements from some of the most respected guys in the sport....all in all a very nice Christmas present for T2x, who is an alter ego I created to stir up controversy (seems to be working, eh?) and educate people on the various misconceptions and marketing nonsense rampant in the high performance boating industry.

T2x has been put through pages of scrutiny on this thread.... and I'm still here...and I ain't complaining..... I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot with a few of you folks could you do the same...? Or would you adopt the same pompous, knee jerk, narrow minded, myopic, lliliputian, shallow, back water, cretinous, outraged, obtuse, off based, politically correct, sympathy grabbing, neanderthal level, frigidly humorless, defensive, mispelled, overblown, under informed, sophomoric, chicken sh*t, windbag, bellowing that you have managed to pollute this thread with before running off and claiming that you were somehow "wronged"?.

In the end...all these pages... which started as a challenge ...have become (as I predicted) a thread about nothing...... or at the very least...a mostly positive thread about T2x.... (with a gratuitous plug for "Big Seas" thrown in for good measure ) .. and a perfect example of how to shoot oneself in the foot by starting a thread, aimed at bringing down someone else, and than making an ignorant, redundant, over reaching and yes.....(sigh)...."bitter"...fool of yourself in the process.

And on that note..........

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

T2x

P.S. Please fight the need to respond if you are only going to add more endlessly repetitive fuel to your own pyre. This would probably be a good time to shut up.....or, if you have half a brain...delete this thread.

Just sayin...
Forgive me, one and all, for starting this. I tossed out the thoroughly disposable word "bitter," more than half in jest, T2X's way in another post and now it's come to this. Among the more useful things I've learned from this thread, thanks to the post above, is that cretin can be used as an adjective if you put "ous" behind it. Though I won't use it in my own writing, I do appreciate the education. (Thanks, Rich.)

From my perspective, the departure of Reggie Fountain, whether you love him, hate him or don't give a rat's rear end about him, from Fountain was pretty big news, and with four stories in two weeks I covered it as such.

It was not, however, surprising news. As someone very rich and successful once told me, entrepreneurs make lousy employees. And as Reggie Fountain told me last week, "I've never had a boss in my life."

But here's what really intrigues me. You never see T2X and Reggie in the same place at the same time. Could it be, is it just possible that ... ? Nah.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

oh boy

Last edited by DollaBill; 12-22-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

This has been very educational,merry christmas all.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd be bitter too.... if you were driving your Skater and your merkin blew off....
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
This seems to clear it all up.
Steve

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8170101/
my chest was hurting me......

1 - the gyrating

2- so you built noahs arc.

3-so you re-wrote the laws of physics...

great effort...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
wot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C+. Napoleon wasn't that tall.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:02 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
This seems to clear it all up.
Steve

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8170101/
That's hilarious.........Steve did you produce that? I really like the fact that I had so much hair. I have seen a few of these and am amazed by the technology........ It would be great if the program was able to put the proper emphasis on the correct syllable.....but the monotone and timing errors make the whole thing even more funny at times.

P.S. The Ark was actually the third prototype. The first two had massive ventilation and EPA sewage disposal issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.