Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,, >

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Notices

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read, T2x’s post on this subject, he doesn’t need anyone to expand on his accomplishments, but the question has been asked, and not answered, Who is T2x? old salt? Well, I m not in the habit of posting on these threads, but,,,I think Old salt designates a mariner of many years, a man of the sea, a man who has seen it all, and done it all,, well there you go. Salt might be abrasive and stinging,, but it is very valuable,, just check with Mortons.. Accomplishments, too many to list, but here are some.
Started to race powerboats in the northeast region at a tender young age. Around Long Island Race.
Was a race driver for Mercury Factory Tunnel boat team.
Was a owner of Shadow boat company, think Shadow 21’ Challenger 21’,, Shadow 30’ catamaran, Black Duck, Love It, Love It Again, What a Package, El Boss, these boats were the fastest 30’ race boats of their time,
Was a Owner of Conquest Marine, custom 32’ to 48’ race boats, think Jesse James, Rolling Thunder, What a Package, Captain America, White Heat, the fully enclosed 48’ Jesse James, these were fully custom, no mold race boats.
And my friend for many, many years.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lightspeed
Bo Your Full Of Crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Happy Holidays
woww,,,,i cant believe with one foot in the grtave and the other on 17 banana peels you mustered up the arthritic strength to hack at the key board for an hour to chime in with your dusty wisdom..... HHAAAAAA

SAME TO YOU JOHNNY BOY, tell mike i say hi as well please..
Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philip
I just read, T2x’s post on this subject, he doesn’t need anyone to expand on his accomplishments, but the question has been asked, and not answered, Who is T2x? old salt? Well, I m not in the habit of posting on these threads, but,,,I think Old salt designates a mariner of many years, a man of the sea, a man who has seen it all, and done it all,, well there you go. Salt might be abrasive and stinging,, but it is very valuable,, just check with Mortons.. Accomplishments, too many to list, but here are some.
Started to race powerboats in the northeast region at a tender young age. Around Long Island Race.
Was a race driver for Mercury Factory Tunnel boat team.
Was a owner of Shadow boat company, think Shadow 21’ Challenger 21’,, Shadow 30’ catamaran, Black Duck, Love It, Love It Again, What a Package, El Boss, these boats were the fastest 30’ race boats of their time,
Was a Owner of Conquest Marine, custom 32’ to 48’ race boats, think Jesse James, Rolling Thunder, What a Package, Captain America, White Heat, the fully enclosed 48’ Jesse James, these were fully custom, no mold race boats.
And my friend for many, many years.
cool,, theres something i didnt know thanx.....

stil bitter
Old 12-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
back under your rock,,,,
Old 12-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BattleCry
There is a trend here...Most of the people on this thread, defending Reggie or bashing T2x, are Fountain owners. It says so in their description under their name or their name has something to do with Fountain or a former employee.

I heard the reference to Fabio Buzzi and something about going around a race course, however, nothing about Fountain winning a rough seas endurance race. I'm sure Fountain won a few. During the last two decades of close to shore racing, Fountain has dominated.
its about being bitter.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Oy.......... I just saw this for the first time and this is truly a "thread about nothing"...

1 Thank you to all the supporters, I appreciate the thoughtfulness and kind words.

2. To the rest of you, it's a free country and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Today, if someone is not "politically correct", it is common to create negative characterizations and try to muffle the "offender". In this case I am proud to be that guy....and have no intention of changing my positions. I created the T2x character/screen name in 2001 because I read the OSO website as a visitor and realized that it was lacking something. The site seemed to deal only in current hulls and impressions that were as much a product of boat companies' publicity as they were factual. Very few knew the history of the vee hull, or the cat for that matter and I attempted to fill in some gaps. In doing that I also punctured some misconceptions and sacred cows and the fun began. One of my main pet peeves has always been self promotion for its own sake. I watched egos destroy offshore racing, and have listened to too many chest thumping performance boat owners brag on this or that mediocre hull and or engine with no true knowledge of its construction, safety, handling, or basic speed fundamentals. There will always be a loud minority who can't see past a paint job or the latest rumored "best thing"...and I have tried to provide a counter point. To me products should stand or fall on their own merits rather than as the result of a big marketing budget. Over the years any number of boat companies have been given positive coverage in direct proportion to the ad space they purchased, which in some cases covered over flaws in design and construction or outright nonsense in their claims of "innovation". A truly historical perspective debunks a lot of this and that is what I , along with a growing number of other older enthusiasts with knowledge at least as broad as mine, have tried to provide. Inevitably these efforts have put me in the crosshairs of loyalists to this or that boat company, racing organization, or personality (or all of the above). If I state that your boat isn't really perfect or even as wonderful as its maker claims it is, I have impuned a cash investment that you made....and I get that. If I tell you that racing was far better in the 80's than it is today and you race today, I get that you take this personally. Finally if I point out that some position that a poster takes on a point that he has no real knowledge about is a bit off key, I may make some enemies.

For the record I am not the creator of the best racing model in history, not the creator of revolutionary hulls, not the fastest racer who ever lived, and certainly not the greatest narrator in broadcasting history...........I simply nudged the bar in those arenas, hopefully raising it a bit as I passed through, and could probably do it again if I feel the urge. I have been at this since the late 50's, seen just about everything, and heard the rest. The greatest feats that I have witnessed have been on the race course, not in an ad agency's layout room. Real people have risked and, in some cases, lost their lives so that the marine industry could move forward. I knew and cared about some of those people deeply. Out of respect for them and what they accomplished I can't stand idly by and watch others lay claim to their improvements or, worse, ignore that they ever existed.

To sum it up...... hate me if you like....but don't ever question my honesty or intentions.

Now go find something else to focus on.

T2x
thanx,,, but i dont hate you or on you. you mention self promotion, ego, accomplished, cash investment, racing, etccc...alot of similarities of basher/ bashee, yet no exact mention of why so bitter.
ever see the really really hot girl that shoots everyone done and has her nose crazy high in the air, eventually you get the feeling like, f it no matter HOW good the punanny is the b.s is such a turnoff.to bad.shes really a cool chic.
my point is and still stands, youd be more in tune and helpfull to guys like myself who crave and are interested in knowledge and in fact do listen to old salts as has been said. no need for a person of such high regard to resort to such a low brow thing. you even said" i cant resist".
merry christmas and happy new year and enjoy the rest of your 3rd century with us,,,lol just kidding.

Last edited by monstaaa; 12-16-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
What?????? Maybe you should read what you just wrote.
Listen.....not many people know, but T2X was insulted many years ago by Brownie.... who called his designs "Boxes" or "Dumpsters", and T2 just never got over it. PBS it's called Post Brownie Syndrome.

He really doesn't have any problem with Reggie or anyone else that is in the industry, it is just that many people take his thinly veiled sarcasm as gospel......remind you of anyone??

I would suggest that you personally start designing a new boat, that could go out and whip the competiton for several years in a row, win many championships.....and be respected by knowledgeable people all over the world.....and then you can come back and ask....Who is this T2X, anyway and what has he ever done?

But for now, sit back and enjoy his bitter comments, you just may learn something, even about Reggie.

Well said sir, well said.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Oy.......... I just saw this for the first time and this is truly a "thread about nothing"...

1 Thank you to all the supporters, I appreciate the thoughtfulness and kind words.

2. To the rest of you, it's a free country and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Today, if someone is not "politically correct", it is common to create negative characterizations and try to muffle the "offender". In this case I am proud to be that guy....and have no intention of changing my positions. I created the T2x character/screen name in 2001 because I read the OSO website as a visitor and realized that it was lacking something. The site seemed to deal only in current hulls and impressions that were as much a product of boat companies' publicity as they were factual. Very few knew the history of the vee hull, or the cat for that matter and I attempted to fill in some gaps. In doing that I also punctured some misconceptions and sacred cows and the fun began. One of my main pet peeves has always been self promotion for its own sake. I watched egos destroy offshore racing, and have listened to too many chest thumping performance boat owners brag on this or that mediocre hull and or engine with no true knowledge of its construction, safety, handling, or basic speed fundamentals. There will always be a loud minority who can't see past a paint job or the latest rumored "best thing"...and I have tried to provide a counter point. To me products should stand or fall on their own merits rather than as the result of a big marketing budget. Over the years any number of boat companies have been given positive coverage in direct proportion to the ad space they purchased, which in some cases covered over flaws in design and construction or outright nonsense in their claims of "innovation". A truly historical perspective debunks a lot of this and that is what I , along with a growing number of other older enthusiasts with knowledge at least as broad as mine, have tried to provide. Inevitably these efforts have put me in the crosshairs of loyalists to this or that boat company, racing organization, or personality (or all of the above). If I state that your boat isn't really perfect or even as wonderful as its maker claims it is, I have impuned a cash investment that you made....and I get that. If I tell you that racing was far better in the 80's than it is today and you race today, I get that you take this personally. Finally if I point out that some position that a poster takes on a point that he has no real knowledge about is a bit off key, I may make some enemies.

For the record I am not the creator of the best racing model in history, not the creator of revolutionary hulls, not the fastest racer who ever lived, and certainly not the greatest narrator in broadcasting history...........I simply nudged the bar in those arenas, hopefully raising it a bit as I passed through, and could probably do it again if I feel the urge. I have been at this since the late 50's, seen just about everything, and heard the rest. The greatest feats that I have witnessed have been on the race course, not in an ad agency's layout room. Real people have risked and, in some cases, lost their lives so that the marine industry could move forward. I knew and cared about some of those people deeply. Out of respect for them and what they accomplished I can't stand idly by and watch others lay claim to their improvements or, worse, ignore that they ever existed.

To sum it up...... hate me if you like....but don't ever question my honesty or intentions.

Now go find something else to focus on.

T2x

You keep this attitude up you bitter old fart and we're gonna send the Quebec Army to Jersey to have their way with you.

You'll end up smothered in gravy and cheese curd before you even know what hit you.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
Personally, I like both Rich (T2X) and Reggie. Fact is they both could have dinner together anyday and laugh about their differences. BTW Brownie would also enjoy that dinner. Most of us old racing farts will argue, rant and disagree and still respect each other. Rich is the real life version of Dr. House. Ascerbic yes, knowledgeable yes, someone I would help no matter what, absolutely. Same goes for Reggie & Brownie. They have all paid their dues, and have done so for several decades. To me this is the equivalent of R.E Olds saying Henry Ford was full of crap, and Walter Chrysler didn't know squat, and Ferry Porsches' cars were too small and light and Sloan ruined the industry thru consolidation and well, you get the picture.
Wonder how many know what a T2X is?? Not the person, the _______,
Lighten up, no one is getting out alive.
Steve
U-1
Would it be that outboard in Rich's avatar?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

If you have a problem with someone's attitude on the forum, PM them. Discuss it in private. Calling out an Icon is just bad form. My .02.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.