Notices

Swap Shop Etiquette

Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First come, first serve. Period. It's not that difficult. There was a clear commitment to fulfill the deal for asking price, and it should have ended there.

That was complete bullsht! Talk about some dick moves. Those are rbr's gauges, and he should have paid 425.00.

Last edited by CigDaze; 12-17-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RBR got the gauges, but not for the advertised asking price of $425. He had to pay the bogus offer price of $500...
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

The right thing the seller should do is refund $75 back to buyer in order to maintain a sense of integrity. Only my opinion, we all make mistakes but this one could be corrected.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Well I got the gauges for $500. Lightning Jet ran the price up and was given the chance to call by 10am and never did so I got them. This is typical when selling on ebay somebody runs a bid up and forces a legitimate buyer out and never pays. I feel I still got a good deal.
As far as calling I saw the ad at 9pm and would never call anyone this late so posting and PMing was the only option till morning.
So why pay $500? That was an ad with a set price, not an auction!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Registered

I posted this in the original thread offer:

Originally Posted by Tres
looks like the 500 buyers gonna get it. I had to turn off my phone last night.
I must say I am quite surprised how you handled this! Is $75 really worth the negative slant it gives your charactor? I am in a business where this situation presents itself to me frequently. If I took the extra $75 each time my customer base would erode to nothing over time.

I think you should mark this up as a lesson learned and stand by your original price!

PS! I have no dog in this hunt and don't know anyone envolved...just a matter of business ethics IMHO!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered

Tres! This got me to thinking about a scenario in your business!

What would you do if you had a class that was full. Someone comes along that wants to take your class and offers $500 more to get in the class which is full. Would you take the $500 and bump someone out,if so,how would you choose who to bump?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

Hell, I wish I would have seen the ad first and bought them. I split them into 2 sets and hold a couple of auctions to the first 4 guys that posted looking for a set for a single.

Maybe someone should contact Tres to let him know this is going on. Im sure he will repond and resolve this.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happend to me in a Whore house one time I got beat out by just 2"
Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the whole deal that went on with the gauges was bull .my friend was sent a pic of the gauges listed on line and got in touch with the guy .he was told they were his at the 425.00 price and to call back in the morn with all the info to complete the sale . for 75.00 he was beat out of the gauges .that in my book was a sleezy move .i come from the old school a simple handshake will do or your word .if you dont have that your worthless .if this was to be an auction why not list on ebay .just my 2 cents
Old 12-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered

Thumbs down just boat parts

I too have swapped etc on swap shop, my favotirte section of this board, but REALLY its just boat parts. Sometimes you get a break and sometimes you get ripped. I just cant understand guys with thousand dollar boats upset over hundred dollar parts. As with everything it is not yours until you have PAID!!!! Happy Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.