Notices

Swap Shop Etiquette

Old 12-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also told to call him at 10 to pay, he wasnt able to take a payment untill the morning. I called him and he told me his phone was ringing all night and had to even shut his phone off because of all the calls. So i figured great, he shut his phone off because it was sold to me. But then he says somebody offered him more $$. Some people just have no class, if he needs the extra 75$ that bad he can have it. As far selling things to cheap goes your the one making up the price so you should know what its worth. Besides were talking 75.00$ not 75,000$. He a penny pincher, if he wanted an auction on the guages he should have went to ebay or posted AUCTION!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, what a dick move, some people are a real P.O.S.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW...

We've been doing a bit of remodeling/organizing/cleaning-out at our house and we have sold and given away a number of items on Craigslist. I would hold an item for the first responder and, if that fell through, I would offer it in the order that potential buyers responded. I got tired of that chit. Too many deadbeat buyers. So, now I let all potential buyers know that the first to show up gets it. We've made exceptions for people who do show sincerity and might need more time to come by. Some folks are a little down on their luck or falling on hard times.

I would think that OSO would have fewer deadbeat buyers than the general public, but I haven't bought or sold anything on the Swap Shop. IMO, I think the first responder on here should get an item as long as they work in harmony with the seller and do not inconvenience them. Otherwise, "next".

Just my $.02.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i guess if this is the way it works . the next time i see him selling something i may be interested in ill just have to watch the posts and offer a little more than the last guy and ill own it . it obvious theirs no morals here . cash is king
Old 12-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastek
i guess if this is the way it works . the next time i see him selling something i may be interested in ill just have to watch the posts and offer a little more than the last guy and ill own it . it obvious theirs no morals here . cash is king
Offer him $500 for his boat class.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered

Hmmm, not good. I one time had 2 sets of KE dyno time headers for sale. I was asking $1,500/set. I started getting calls and the first guy said he would take them, 3k all in. I continued to get calls and ended with one guy badgering the crap out of me and offering 5k for the headers. He just had to have them. Guess who got the headers? The first guy that said he would pay my price of $1,500/set. I can tell you it almost killed me to pass up that 2k, but it was worth it. I'd feel like an ass to this day if I took the low road. This seller of gauges needs to look within and consider what they stand for.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
Hmmm, not good. I one time had 2 sets of KE dyno time headers for sale. I was asking $1,500/set. I started getting calls and the first guy said he would take them, 3k all in. I continued to get calls and ended with one guy badgering the crap out of me and offering 5k for the headers. He just had to have them. Guess who got the headers? The first guy that said he would pay my price of $1,500/set. I can tell you it almost killed me to pass up that 2k, but it was worth it. I'd feel like an ass to this day if I took the low road. This seller of gauges needs to look within and consider what they stand for.
That, my friend, is called integrity. Good on you.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
Tres! This got me to thinking about a scenario in your business!

What would you do if you had a class that was full. Someone comes along that wants to take your class and offers $500 more to get in the class which is full. Would you take the $500 and bump someone out,if so,how would you choose who to bump?
Are you still wondering what he would do?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

BS plane an simple. How bad do you need the part? Id say even if he had it look else where because you will pay more then you should it seems.
-Mike
Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightning jet
I'm sorry tres I was just trying to get a good deal its a dog eat dog world.
Gezzz too much drama, Move on! All this BS over some used parts? Its over already. Sorry I sold em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.