Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need cheap hotel in the keys and where to see go faster boats? >

Need cheap hotel in the keys and where to see go faster boats?

Notices

Need cheap hotel in the keys and where to see go faster boats?

Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Need cheap hotel in the keys and where to see go faster boats?

Hi everyone. Wifey and I are going down for a couple days. Looking for a cheap hotel in the keys between key largo and marathon... Can anyone recommend one. No roaches please!

Also, where is the best hangouts to see fast boats? any water front eateries/ bars they go? I think we'll be in the keys just the 3rd and 4th of Jan. we'll be in Miami the day before and after. MAN I MISS MY BOATS......

Thanks,Joe
Old 12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gilberts in Key Largo and Holiday Isle in Islamorada are the first two that come to mind
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks Otis, ANy idea of price. MY wife says the cheapest she found on line was $130 a night. Things are tight now, just trying to get way without loosing the house ! Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts
Default Go to ......

Originally Posted by boot
thanks Otis, ANy idea of price. MY wife says the cheapest she found on line was $130 a night. Things are tight now, just trying to get way without loosing the house ! Thanks.
craigslist-fla.key's-vacation rentals.
You can usually find a decent place on the water for about $500. a week. Check the ad's careful though as a bunch are beater trailers w/no yard/parking etc.
Islamorada is probably our favorite key. Everything you need is there. Farther south you go, the more expensive it gets.
The Kon Tiki is our favorite place in Islamorada and probably all the Keys. http://www.kontiki-resort.com/signupcomplete.cfm Off season (now) rates are about 1/2 what shows on their website. Small, secluded resort where you can get anything from 1 room (i.e. hotel room) to a house. Unit's 1 - 4 are self contained w/decks, kitchens etc w/wtaer front views. Place close to everything, has pool, beach, ramp, dock etc, etc. Very, very nice.