Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Performance Boating Magazine Launched >

New Performance Boating Magazine Launched

Notices

New Performance Boating Magazine Launched

Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right bashing is probably to strong.The funny part about that is I wasn't even refering it to what I read on hear. I think everyone that has picked up the PB issue I keep on my coffee table makes a comment " Oh PB is not what it use to be. Look how thin it is" and then it goes from there
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

I'm a third child too. Ah I wish I did't suck at typing then maybe I could add some value to the thread instead of my useless banter
Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 2,950 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I don't see it as bashing. We are just talking about it and it looks like we all want it to survive. There have been good points brought up. Let's see...we keep Teague on Tech even if he does push his own products . More items from Matt Trulio. Pics of boat hulls on trailers included in tests. Less repetitive content. Some smaller boats. Oh, and what's with the wake boats lately. And just maybe..........maybe........one issue a month at least in the summer.....
Hahaha...I love the ideas. About the photo on a trailer comment...I think a picture of a boat on a trailer is kind've stagnent and thus the reason it is not shown. Running shots are more dynamic and exciting than a picture of a boat sitting on it's trailer (unless of course you're talking about a tilt trailer). I've read a lot of comments, suggestions and complaints about the magazine over the years and this is the first time I've ever heard someone want a photo of the boat on the trailer. The bottoms of the boats are important but I think the performance numbers represent that aspect.

And you'll be happy to know the recent boat tests were completed with the majority of the boats that could be considered "small boats" for the most part.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
Your right bashing is probably to strong.The funny part about that is I wasn't even refering it to what I read on hear. I think everyone that has picked up the PB issue I keep on my coffee table makes a comment " Oh PB is not what it use to be. Look how thin it is" and then it goes from there
I'm a third child too. Ah I wish I did't suck at typing then maybe I could add some value to the thread instead of my useless banter
lol Go to bed....
Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

I can't I'm a Vampire
Old 12-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't I'm a Vampire
Me too right with ya Jimmy.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

For richer for poorer, in sickness and in health...etc.

Powerboat has been there for decades and deserves our support as does any magazine publisher that invests against the current tide to promote the sport we love. I am afraid that the real downfall of all of these periodicals however is the web and not the current economy as some have suggested. With the world's appetite for instant news and gratification, coupled with the "interactive" nature of electronic media (you can't ask a printed magazine an immediate question regarding further clarification of a statement...or mis-statement) Poweboat and the others have an uphill battle.

The danger is that the massive amount of emotional and amateurish "noise" on the web will drown out and devalue the work of the few truly talented and insightful authors and journalists still in existence.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ringggggggggggggg!! "Good morning. This is World Champion Boat Company. How may I help you?"
"Hiiiiiiiiiiii! This is Nick Boats, calling from 'Lucky Sperm Boating Magazine." "How may I hum, er, help you?" "We want to do a test on your new 'I used to be a Skater, 40' 1"' model. "Let me find _______________________ (your name here). I think he is polishing his World Champion trophies. There are ninety of them.".
"Hello." "This is Nick Boats." "H, NIck" "We want to do a test on your all-new forty plus one cat." "Cool, man, *****in' (West coast boat company)." "I understand this boat is all new. How fast?" "We haven't run it yet, but the motors that we are borrowing went 174 at LOTO." "Hey, sounds great!" "By the way, we just happen to have a double truck ad available next to the article." "I'll take it."

Fast forward two weeks. Riiiiiiiiiiing. "This is Nick. Let me speak to 'His name's there'. "*****in', man. How was the test? "Well, the boat floated upside down when we launched it." "Uh oh. You won't print any thing bad, will you?" "Are you still gonna run the double truck ad?" "Yes." "Then we will just run the original test on the 40 Skater."

"*****in', man."
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new magazine

most of this post has good points. another mag. would be good. I miss family and perf boating , they had a good variety. as for PB, I have had a subscription for 10 years and will probably renew with hopes it comes back to what it once was.my 2cents more pics and mre indepth coverage,example the loto shoot out, how about some pics of the crowd ? there is some really cool rides out there. not just pics of dave scott or doc janson. they spent the money to go there, they took a ton of photos,why not publish some of that? maybe there all just to old and lost interest.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

I enjoy using the internet as much as the next guy, but for me online issues will never replace the traditional magazine. I don't carry a computer with me everywhere I go. I like having the magazine there if I want to grab it and take it with me...to lunch, to a friend's, even to the can. I usually keep one or two in the car (car mag, too). I like paging through it, rather than clicking pages. It also requires no power and it never runs slow or freezes.

My family has subscribed to Powerboat for nearly 30 years. I've kept many issues and like to look back at old tests. That's my main interest - the tests. That's where I've been most disappointed in Powerboat, lately. There are too few boat tests. I also don't care for the aerial test boat shots common in the last few years. Seems like the main photo is almost always shot from above. No one other than birds and pilots see boats from that location. Also, how many tests of Eliminator and DCB tunnels in the 28' - 32' range need testing? Too many, IMO.

I will continue supporting Powerboat, but I can't say I've enjoyed the magazine as much as I used to. I hope it improves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.