Notices

Palm Beach Waterway

Old 12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Palm Beach Waterway

A friend and I are taking a boat out from the Freedom Boat Club by the Lake Worth Inlet.
We'll be going fishing w/ our 10yo boys.
Any places to check out or decent drive bys, or eateries to go to if the fishing is slow or just looking for something to do?

And anything to watch out for(hazards) in those waterways? Besides the occasional manatee?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i just started boating around that area , you have peanut island " busy on weekend" i know city place is south but i think if you go north the are some food place's closer but not sure , hopefully someone will chime in to let us know

mike
Old 12-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I assume you mean the Boynton inlet?

If you go south 3 miles next to the "Atlantic Ave" bridge a new place opened (formerly Bush's) called Deck 84 good food and a GREAT outside bar with TV's. Also, right next to Lake worth just to the south of the Boynton Inlet inlet is Two Georges & Banana Boat.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Freedom boat club is at palmbeach inlet north of boyntonbeach inlet.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:08 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
Freedom boat club is at palmbeach inlet north of boyntonbeach inlet.
Right... it's just south of Blue Heron.
Neither of us have boated the area before.
Just thought there may be some cool places to drive into.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I assume you mean the Boynton inlet?

If you go south 3 miles next to the "Atlantic Ave" bridge a new place opened (formerly Bush's) called Deck 84 good food and a GREAT outside bar with TV's. Also, right next to Lake worth just to the south of the Boynton Inlet inlet is Two Georges & Banana Boat.
2 years ago I had thanksgiving dinner there. This year, we had thanksgiving at Boston's upper deck...

This end of Atlantic Ave is nice...I am there quite often.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Waterway is clearly marked, nothing to get you in trouble. Neat place for lunch is Sailfish Marina ( http://www.sailfishmarina.com/ ). They are just inside the inlet to the north, free dockage at the south side of the property. Check out the jacks swarming all over around the fuel dock, you can feed them anything there are easily 100, some 3-4 ft long!

If you head north under Blue Heron bridge the ICW is wide open/no speed limit (called Little Lake Worth) and when you get off plane at the north end of the lake, veer east around the condos and you will get to Old Port Cove marina. Tiger's boat(s) are there (Privacy and Solitude). Privacy is the biggest boat in the marina by far, 155 tri deck Christianson. Ken Griffey Jr. keeps his boat there also (can't remember name but when you read it you know it is his!). To the NE of the marina is Jack Nicklaus's house, yacht out back is Sea Bear.

I don't fish much but you can catch damn near anything you want right offshore. Outside inlet they hauled in a 13 ft Hammerhead fishing off the beach. Some kid from N.E. got a world record Bull Shark last winter 1/2 mile off the inlet aboard a charter boat out of Sailfish.

Weather has been decent this week, seas not terrible and somewhat warm (compared to the last few weeks).
Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean
2 years ago I had thanksgiving dinner there. This year, we had thanksgiving at Boston's upper deck...

This end of Atlantic Ave is nice...I am there quite often.
Try 32 East......Atlantic and Swinton, very good.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

Use extreme caution if you venture south to Boynton Inlet.....not for non-locals w/underpowered rental boats. Very poor design, gets like rapids at tide changes and inlet is like 100 ft wide w/ concrete seawalls on both sides, very fast current dumping onto a shoal.

Lake Worth inlet is fine, plenty deep and navigatible. South side jetty is very cool for snorkeling (in warmer weather). Water is crystal clear and deep right up to beach. 10 ft off shoreline water is 3-4 ft deep so you can anchor very close to shore and be in deep enough water to stay out of trouble.

Check out the FPL (FL power and light plant, look for red/white smoke stacks, can been seen from miles offshore). They use ocean water for cooling, dump hot water into the ICW and the manatees congregate there by the dozens in the winter months.

1/2 mile south of FPL plant is Rybovich's marina, lots of huge yachts (think you will recognize many of the boats from Top 100 largest in US). Madsummer has been there for awhile, you can charter for a MILLION a week or some crazy number but it is 257 ft long!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right under the blue Herron bridge there are two good places. Waterway cafe and Rum Bar. Great outside spot. Also square grouper across from the jupiter lighthouse. (they dont like my cigarette much there). Another cool place is Guannabanna. Google it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.