Notices

An afternoon with OSO Expat exploring Anegada, BVI

Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom1
You're killing me.

Did you play the ring game at Cow Wreck?

Is the Mercury outboard display still at Saba?

There is nowhere I would rather be that running between islands in the BVI's......
No time for ring games. LOL

The antique o/b motors are still on display at Saba. Even one in my room ! LOL There is quite a collection. Check out the pipes on that one motor. We even have a Christmas tree here.
Attached Thumbnails An afternoon with OSO Expat exploring Anegada, BVI-27.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-20-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very Nice Bob... I was down there last January and can't wait to get back to the Islands!!! The bar kind of reminds me of Sidney's Peace & Love, lobster lunch and the honor system behind the bar!!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Spicy
Very Nice Bob... I was down there last January and can't wait to get back to the Islands!!! The bar kind of reminds me of Sidney's Peace & Love, lobster lunch and the honor system behind the bar!!!!
Love it here Pat and am bringing Team PREDATOR back in mid Feb for the rest of the winter. We will go down island and check out many more islands and finish up by doing the poker run again in May.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default A few tidbits

Anegada is largely surrounded by one of the largest barrier reefs in the Caribbean. There are many shipwrecks in the area dating back to the first explorers.
The island took a direct hit from hurricane Earl a few months ago and there was quite a bit of damage. They have done a lot of repairs and are recovering. In the pic of David's Tiger you will notice new decking etc.
Yesterday when driving around the island in a rented pick up truck we came across a flock of flamingoes on one of the interior ponds but were far enough away that I would have needed Jay's telephoto lens to capture them.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome pics bob! Gotta love the island girls to
Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
It was OSO Expat who first interested me in the BVI two years ago with his postings here on OSO. Some will remember Team PREDATOR going down and doing the Leverick Bay, BVI poker run in May of this year. Since then David ( Expat ) and Chrissann have become great friends and invited me back to the islands. I had a bit of a hole in my fun schedule, so I flew back down on the 15th and will leave tomorrow afternoon the 20th to go back north. Thank you for your hospitality this last several days, David and Chrissann. For a few days now we have been running around familiar places in the BVI in his Tiger and today the seas settled down enough for us to make the trip out to Anegada. That was pretty special. Much of the BVI is volcanic and most have seen Jay and my pictures of the picturesque mountains rising out of the sea. Anegada is different and is more like what you would see in the Bahamas. The island is low lying and made up of coral and sand. David, Chrissann and I enjoyed exploring the island and an unbelievable lunch of fresh lobster on the beach today. Enjoy the pics taken with my Lumix point and shoot since I wanted to travel light and left my Canon at home.
Bob,

Love those water and beach shots, the colors a just great. Also nice to see some locals in your shots.

"left my Canon at home" Tell me more, I just upgraded from my old Nikon to Canon
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bartended for a family friend on Anegada. Lowell. He owned the only hotel on the island. He has since passed and I believe his wife was opperating the hotel. He cooked lobster he free dived for over a wood that was only available on the island. Awesome.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Love it here Pat and am bringing Team PREDATOR back in mid Feb for the rest of the winter. We will go down island and check out many more islands and finish up by doing the poker run again in May.

Is Team PREDATOR the 50 NT or the Donzi 38 ZR as well? I know it is the NT for sure, not sure though if you named the Donzi that too (since they are painted identical). You mentioned last year you might send the Donzi down for the winter....
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Bob!

Thanks for sharing, looking at those pictures just make you feel great, now back to reality in Windsor. Ice on the Beach, snow and freezing temperatures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.