Notices

Donzi on Top Gear

Old 12-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The run was right at 160 miles for the boat I believe. I dotn think that Donzi would have had to stop for gas like they did.

The boat sure looked like it was running well with the 700's, 91mph at 4750rpm is pretty damn good.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
Big suprise a show about cars would have a plane and boat lose.
That's why the 600HP Raptor loss to the HALO jumper (HALO jumpers are BADA$$)...... Which I thought was one of the best Top Gears UK version or US.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the BBC Top Gear. So far I think the US version is a poor imitation.
I did tune in last night to see the KW story.
I reaffirmed my convictions.... It sucked.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

You guys are brutal. Surprised no one has called out all the camera shots that were not what they were claimed to be,

ie; When the Donzi was still idling in "Miami" when you could see Gilbert's in the background. Plenty more as well.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a director but might I suggest an alternate ending

put the chick from fast and furious in a bikini instead of racing around in the suzuki ride her down to the keys in the donzi and call it a show same camera angles would be fine i think especially the under the dash one they had setup in the donzi

"(+)(+)"
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Formerly. I am a Fla Native but did 12 yrs in ATL. Why?

And I think Tanner is far more than a drifter. Have you seen Supercar Showdown?

He and Paul Tracy go head to head weekly.

BTW- I think PT is the Stig in the US. Watch the mannerisms.
PT is the US Stig. Just watch one episode of the super car showdown and see how he sits in the car and can then one can see the identical person with a white suit on on TG US.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like garbage results to me too. The car got pulled over and still won? It must have been the gas stop that killed it for the Donzi, but it's already been mentioned - was it necessary?

For most destinations in S. FL I would say that that the results would generally dictate:
1) Sea Plane
2) Boat
3) Car

No surprise for a car show, but they picked the worst location for the other two (having to idle forever in the boat, and taking an hour to take off by plane).

I agree with having the AVATAR chick on the boat... I would have watched it if she bounced around in a bikini, instead of watching her learn to drive a stick in a Suzuki... lame!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 2,971 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Seems like garbage results to me too. The car got pulled over and still won? It must have been the gas stop that killed it for the Donzi, but it's already been mentioned - was it necessary?

For most destinations in S. FL I would say that that the results would generally dictate:
1) Sea Plane
2) Boat
3) Car

No surprise for a car show, but they picked the worst location for the other two (having to idle forever in the boat, and taking an hour to take off by plane).

I agree with having the AVATAR chick on the boat... I would have watched it if she bounced around in a bikini, instead of watching her learn to drive a stick in a Suzuki... lame!!!
That's exactly how the "true" results came out according to those on set. The plane was the first, the boat was second and the car third. But it's a car show soooooooo.... For all of us that've done this run via all three options, we know who would truly be first and further more which ride we would still in-fact choose.

PS,

I wanted Craig to lay the hammer down on the Donzi and pull away from both plane and car at teh 7 mile bridge!! They were only running 80 or so. That Donzi's got a lot left in her! (climing to and past 100 @ ust under 5k rpm and Craig giving us a fly by at 100+)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamBCFanVg8[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome ride!
Attached Thumbnails Donzi on Top Gear-img_4473.jpg   Donzi on Top Gear-img_4475.jpg   Donzi on Top Gear-img_4462.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 12-27-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered

The only thing the car wins in that race is in how much gas it costs to get there.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered

What I thought was funny, was dumbledge or whaterver his name is got seasick. How could you get seasick in that ride. Look like great water to run in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.