Notices

Byrdman's 46

Old 12-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The Goddess was barrel rolled in New Orleans in the one race it was raced in. It landed right side up and never sunk. It is a very nice piece and I am sure a good buy.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
The Goddess was barrel rolled in New Orleans in the one race it was raced in. It landed right side up and never sunk.
Yes - Ryan is correct. Funny thing was they were racing themselves when they barrel rolled at a very high speed in the last turn of the last lap. JT & I (in my 46' Skater) as well as David Woods & Art Lilley (in David's 44' MTI) had already gone out with engine problems.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What happened to Byrdman? I haven't seen him on here for a long time from what I can remember.

Buck
Old 12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Yes - Ryan is correct. Funny thing was they were racing themselves when they barrel rolled at a very high speed in the last turn of the last lap. JT & I (in my 46' Skater) as well as David Woods & Art Lilley (in David's 44' MTI) had already gone out with engine problems.
Hi Dave!

Any truth to the story that the owners just went back to Japan and left the boat after that race? I've always wondered if there was any truth to that.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you all for your positive comments. Yes, the boat is for sale, and is far more advanced then any other 46 Skater on the market, and has been successfully personally financed by a single owner with a dream of outrunning competition. This skaters hull has never delaminated and for serious buyers the fiberglass structure and all mechanicals (engines included) can absoultley be made available for a full marine survey. Additionally, record breaking speed runs where only achievable in a supreme rigged and built machine.

Tom Byrd is a dear friend, and I am happy to help with the sale of the Skater, he has moved on to pursue other interests. This fully turn key package may not be as out of reach as most of you may think… However I believe a buyer who has serious interest wont be making posts online, but making phone calls. Good luck in chasing your dream, and if you have further questions please feel free to reach out to me.

Christian M. Del Collo
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (11-17-2020)
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Here

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...s-byrdman.html

Good Luck Tom in whatever your up too
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
I was there and couldn't believe how hard they were driving into the turns considering they were no one left in there class!!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:55 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Hi Dave!

Any truth to the story that the owners just went back to Japan and left the boat after that race? I've always wondered if there was any truth to that.
Yes - that is what JT told me later.

Boat is really a nice piece and ran great right from the factory.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

That boat is bad azz!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered

Well, she is a beauty!!! It is too bad Tom is selling her, I hope he makes some of the money back he put into her. I can relate!!!!

Goddess indeed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.