Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help with Fountain Factory >

Help with Fountain Factory

Notices

Help with Fountain Factory

Old 05-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Steve_H

just a thought!

if you have a loan thru a finance company that handles alot of fountain boats maybe you can lean on them to pressure fountain.

this blows my mind.

geez , a boat that expensive and they treat you like this.

they should be kissing "your" (I)

Old 05-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that after reading this whole thread, I'm so Mad it is 9:30 at night. BUT you can bet tomarrow morning I will start making phone calls to Fountain {love my no long distance cell phone}. I will be sure to ask for "Mr. Harris" and let him know that two friends of mine, namely "JOE" & "DARYL" are very mad. since the # will be programmed into my phone, as I cruise around to different locations I will have people I know repeat the same thing into the phone for me.
I Pledge to make at LEAST 15 calls to them tomarrow.
I did this to a chevy dealer, and low & behold they bought my truck back from me for sticker price. SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK.
P.S. If they ever threaten to have you removed by the police tell them it's OK, Your PHKNLWYR will see you on the news & will know where to find you.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a list of the current Board of Directors of Fountain. One happens to own a Public Relations firm which would only make me wonder what he thought of the PR a couple of Fountain employees are generating. I think I would have my attorney generate a letter to the individual board members. You can probably get their addresses on a financial site like Hoover's.

A link to their Board of Directors is here;

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/fi...anagement.html

Godd luck!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Registered

joe900sc. First off, I feel for ya. Unfortunately seems like its a "one-way" deal these days. Once the deal is done you are on your own. And, all-things-considered, placing 2 calls was more than enough, and if someone says something is gonna happen, they need to honor the commitment. Probably the #1 thing that will make or break a business.

For starters, why not submit a dispute with the BBB. You're circumstances fall right into what they support. Whether its $200K or just $200 its still not right!

Mr Fountain needs to come back to planet earth and get some national publicity (ie. the BBB).

Good Luck!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
Did you happen to read the Reggie bio on the Fountain web site?

"Too bad he wasn't into computers. Bill Gates would be sweeping his floors. "

What a humble guy.
LMFAO!!!!

Lemme see here FPWR Closed at $2.989 on 700 shares of activity and Wild Bill's stock closed at $54.75 on 35 million shares, I think ol' Reg has it wrong, he better hope Gates doesn't get into boating. I believe Microsoft turns a profit from time to time, when was the last time Fountain did? I don't think that when MSFT plummeted Gates had to sell his plane. Gates loses and gains more in net worth on a $1 change in his MSFT stock than Fountain would bring at it's pinnacle of worth. Microsoft has a 45P/E which is plenty high but at least it isn't a constant negative number!

I own a fountain and I am embarrased and I also DID NOT BUY A NEW ONE WHEN I ORDERD A NEW BOAT< YOU READ THAT REGGIE? That's called a lost customer.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 05-15-2002 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:57 PM
F2-34thrttleman

This absoluetly has been one of the most REDICULOUS things that i have ever heard...The quality of customer service in the marine industry has been to my overall impression, LESS THAN ADEQUATE..........I don't know what else to say. My team would have considered a new canopied Fountain race boat, but this is unacceptable. Looks like maybe a canoipied 36 Gladiator would be the way to go. It is a shame that a business is able to treat customers, which are statisticcly at the top of the income earning level, with this type of service. Perhaps reggie should re-evaluate his priorities, and realize why his stocks are consistently at the small end of the market. My family business PRIDES itsef on CUSTOMER SERVICE. It is a multi-million dollar a year company, and customer service is THE reason. I have been significantly pissed off by this thread, there is absolutely no reason for this type of thing.

Old 05-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Sunsation 32

My Sunsation probably cost a 3rd what your 42 Fountain cost, but every time Ive had a question Joe at the factory calls me back that day. Even if he is traveling he checks his messages and calls you back. With Fountain selling those high priced boats they should have someone on the payroll just to return phone calls and keep people updated.
Joe900 you are being to nice. Nice guys finish last. I would have bought my lawyer a plane ticket to go with me to Washington.
And if Reggie or any of the stock holders read this post I also have eliminated Fountain from my boats to purchase list!!!
Not nocking the boats just the customer service!!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Registered

I tried to get an e-mail through to point to this thread, I tried every combination of Reggie @ Fountainpowerboats . com I could think of but they bounced, but I sent a tone to [email protected] and it hasn't bounced back yet.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:55 AM
JJH
Registered

I am disgusted at hearing this story. The first thing I would do is to begin writing letters to everyone, especially the board of directors. I would include a link to this post in order for "management" to see the extremely poor service they are providing. If I were in this situation, I would NEVER buy another Fountain again. I don't know what's happened to all the big companies, but it seems like the smaller, factory direct companies seem to provide the right customer service, and know how to treat not only present customers, but also future customers. This post should be posted in the Fountain section aswell (if it already isn't in there). All future Fountain owners should see the type of customer service that is offered. Also, I end on this note...if this is how they treat their customers, then with what pride and quality is it that they build their boats?
Old 05-16-2002, 01:47 AM
Registered

Hello joe900sc
Man I feel for you!! I was thinking of buying a 48' Sport Cruiser but no more!! I don't want to be treated this way. I wonder why a stringer broke? Sounds like poor workmanship not to mention extremely bad customer service!!!!! You would think they would WANT more business but I guess they have all the customers that they can handle!! Oh well I will keep searching for the ultimate boat but it surely won't be a Fountain. They sound too shady for me. I also don't think there stock is worth much either, maybe everybody should take note!!! Good luck & contact me if you want the best consumer lawyer in the country! denohew
( Luna Sea ) Sea ya Reggie for this is PISS poor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Help with Fountain Factory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.