Merry Xmas 272Bajadriver and psloanker >

Merry Xmas 272Bajadriver and psloanker

Notices

Merry Xmas 272Bajadriver and psloanker

Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
I wasn't saying you guys were wrong, and 272driver does seem to jump the gun a bit in that thread and go off instead of listening.

I just feel bad for the guy for some reason....maybe it is because he was running around in a 40mph baja???
See, that is the whole thing...he subconsiously baits people into trying to help him, then flips when they tell him what really happened or what really need to be fixed, this goes far beyond the engine thread.

For me, I wouldn't care if he had a 40 mph baja, I have lake friends with worse However, he has much bigger problems than that. He need some coaching but he is un-coachable.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Nothing runs like a deer.........
Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Maybe, just maybe, the next engine build (540) should be painted Caterpilar yellow??
Just a thought....
Old 12-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, well, I have said my piece on the subject. I read that entire thread and I honestly got a headache.

But, not my boat, not my motor, not my problem I guess. I am interested in hearing how the 540 turns out.....

I have recieved alot of help through the years from Pslonaker on TBM but it seems like there is alot going on here with him. Not well liked??? Just curious if he is really a good engine builder if anyone has dealt with him. I only got parts and such...

Merry Xmas to all by the way!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ok, well, I have said my piece on the subject. I read that entire thread and I honestly got a headache.

But, not my boat, not my motor, not my problem I guess. I am interested in hearing how the 540 turns out.....

I have recieved alot of help through the years from Pslonaker on TBM but it seems like there is alot going on here with him. Not well liked??? Just curious if he is really a good engine builder if anyone has dealt with him. I only got parts and such...

Merry Christmas to you as well !!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Eddie, how does "deer power" relate to "horse power" ?
Old 12-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good engine "builders" are certified machinists first and foremost.

Anyone can bolt parts together and call themselves a "builder" when in reality they are just "assemblers". A true engine "builder" can not only assemble a list of parts, he knows why he's using that combination of parts and he knows how to "marry" the parts perfectly to work as one and not just sorta, kinda work together.

I could assemble engines all day long and guarantee that they would run BUT!!!!, I use a real engine "builder" to build my own engines so they will not only run, but run right and for a long time.

It takes years of experience to learn all the proper nuances of real engine building and while I have been involved in the automotive and marine repair business for 30 years, I still choose to use a real "builder" for my own stuff.

What exactly are pslonakers qualifications to call himself an engine "builder" again? How many HUNDREDS of high performance engines has he designed, build and tested?

We have all read the horror stories on here of guys who paid someone to "build" them an engine.

Have you ever read a horror story about the true engine "builders" such as Eddie or Sterling or Pfaff etc assembling a ticking time bomb on here?

Note : the above post is strictly the opinion of the author and in no way reflects the opinion or position of baja272driver or pslonaker or anyone else who has paid good money for a piece of junk masquerading as a high performance marine engine.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Good engine "builders" are certified machinists first and foremost.

Anyone can bolt parts together and call themselves a "builder" when in reality they are just "assemblers". A true engine "builder" can not only assemble a list of parts, he knows why he's using that combination of parts and he knows how to "marry" the parts perfectly to work as one and not just sorta, kinda work together.

I could assemble engines all day long and guarantee that they would run BUT!!!!, I use a real engine "builder" to build my own engines so they will not only run, but run right and for a long time.

It takes years of experience to learn all the proper nuances of real engine building and while I have been involved in the automotive and marine repair business for 30 years, I still choose to use a real "builder" for my own stuff.

What exactly are pslonakers qualifications to call himself an engine "builder" again? How many HUNDREDS of high performance engines has he designed, build and tested?

We have all read the horror stories on here of guys who paid someone to "build" them an engine.

Have you ever read a horror story about the true engine "builders" such as Eddie or Sterling or Pfaff etc assembling a ticking time bomb on here?

Note : the above post is strictly the opinion of the author and in no way reflects the opinion or position of baja272driver or pslonaker or anyone else who has paid good money for a piece of junk masquerading as a high performance marine engine.
Very well said
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Keep in mind it is much deeper than one thread. However, here you have a guy (272bajadriver) on here complaining he got robbed by Eagle, even tho it was his own damn fault. Next he comes out of no where telling us psloanker is the greatest engine builder in the world, he even went a step further and stated we are all stupid to pay big money for Merc Racing, KE, TEague,PF etc because they are robbing us????

Here is the scary thought-

Psloanaker to some (including me) looks like an Evangelist in the case. He is the only one telling 272bajadriver what he wants to hear. He is the only one that will PROFIT from 272bajadriver in the future, yet baja thinks we are azzholes? Someone was feeding 272bajadriver a bunch of garbage info, many of us believe it must have came from you know who.

I have popped a few expensive engines, the first thing my builder did was search for why it blew up. Psloanaker chose tp blame it on cheap internals, even tho 272bajas internals were exactly what was spec for a 330hp! Next came a missing oring, keep in mind it ran for 50 hrs. The clean valves and leaking riser threwa flag to us from pitures but not the builder? Again, tell them what they want to here Jim and Tammy Faye

I went from trying to stop this from happening, to not being able to wait until it blows up in some ones face!

Maybe he will build a good one, and maybe 272bajadriver will rig it right, and have many years of 80 mph+ trouble free boating as he wishes....or maybe???

- 272bajadriver cuts corners like the past, only now the new high perf engine blows in the first 5 hrs, he starts a thread on OSO bashing psloanaker

-Psloanaker starts a thread on what a DB 272bajadriver is on OSOS after cutting corners, we get to watch them fight for all of 2011

- 272bajadrivers freshly epoxied lag bolt doesn't hold down the new 540, rips the back off the boat and sinks

-272bajadriver still has not fixed his driveline problems, he rips the bellows, injests water in the new 540, blows it and starts a bad thread on psloanaker.

The possiblities are endless, may all your xmas dreams come true

Now I have to take a break, I don't want to be on the naughtly list

Last edited by 4bus; 12-24-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
Keep in mind it is much deeper than one thread. However, here you have a guy (272bajadriver) on here complaining he got robbed by Eagle, even tho it was his own damn fault. Next he comes out of no where telling us psloanker is the greatest engine builder in the world, he even went a step further and stated we are all stupid to pay big money for Merc Racing, KE, TEague,PF etc because they are robbing us????

Here is the scary thought-

Psloanaker to some (including me) looks like an Evangelist in the case. He is the only one telling 272bajadriver what he wants to hear. He is the only one that will PROFIT from 272bajadriver in the future, yet baja thinks we are azzholes? Someone was feeding 272bajadriver a bunch of garbage info, many of us believe it must have came from you know who.

I have popped a few expensive engines, the first thing my builder did was search for why it blew up. Psloanaker chose tp blame it on cheap internals, even tho 272bajas internals were exactly what was spec for a 330hp! Next came a missing oring, keep in mind it ran for 50 hrs. The clean valves and leaking riser threwa flag to us from pitures but not the builder? Again, tell them what they want to here Jim and Tammy Faye

I went from trying to stop this from happening, to not being able to wait until it blows up in some ones face!

Maybe he will build a good one, and maybe 272bajadriver will rig it right, and have many years of 80 mph+ trouble free boating as he wishes....or maybe???

- 272bajadriver cuts corners like the past, only now the new high perf engine blows in the first 5 hrs, he starts a thread on OSO bashing psloanaker

-Psloanaker starts a thread on what a DB 272bajadriver is on OSOS after cutting corners, we get to watch them fight for all of 2011

- 272bajadrivers freshly epoxied lag bolt doesn't hold down the new 540, rips the back off the boat and sinks

-272bajadriver still has not fixed his driveline problems, he rips the bellows, injests water in the new 540, blows it and starts a bad thread on psloanaker.

The possiblities are endless, may all your xmas dreams come true

Now I have to take a break, I don't want to be on the naughtly list
I can't wait for boating season 2011...ha ha ha!!!
The next episode of As The World Turns should be an interesting one!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.