Notices

43 Nortech vs. 46 Cig. RR

Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Apache is the legend when it comes to rough water boating, but most people dont boat in 6+ footers everyday. In "normal" rough conditions, say 3-5 footers the Apache will be left in the dust. So IMPO, American Muscle II 46 Cig RR has them beat in most "normal" sea conditions.....PLUS BLING! Sorry
I can agree with that, and under those circumstances.....Cigarette by all means!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Both are great boats. I thought I read somewhere the 46 was Cig's most efficient hull. NT is going to have a softer ride and certainly can be used in any water the Cig ventures into.

Jeremy's AM2 is one of the best looking 46/50's ever built!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
i was thinking of the nor-techs vs the cig haven't really considered the OL's...
The OL,s have a fast hull, but some people don't like the epoxy ride. And build quality still lags behind Cigarette.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
The OL,s have a fast hull, but some people don't like the epoxy ride. And build quality still lags behind Cigarette.
Structural build quality on an Outerlimits is behind no one. A carbon fiiber epoxy boat is stronger than any full wood and fiberglass boat. That "epoxy" ride you speak of doesnt exist anymore with the SL and SV Outerlimits. Rigging is different than build quality which I assume you meant to say.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Both are great boats. I thought I read somewhere the 46 was Cig's most efficient hull. NT is going to have a softer ride and certainly can be used in any water the Cig ventures into.

Jeremy's AM2 is one of the best looking 46/50's ever built!
I would agree that the newer 46 Cigarette's are their best bottom.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not ready to buy right now and if I was I would look at 42-46 OL's but of the ones out their now not many OL's in the 200-300k range a few 42's but not with the power I would want or a little beat up looking, the NT's and Cig's out their are very nice boats. Thats not the say the OL's can't be talked down to the same price just looking at whats out their now. I don't think the build and any of the 3 would be bad and at that level if you see something you dont like you thell and they fix it they want you happy and buying and telling your friends to buy their boats.

I like a big cabin so the NT or OL would fit my taste more and it seems only a few think that the RR would have that much better of a ride only in real big water so the $75-100k less cabin they have is for the Icon Cigarette thing. I would be fine with just a real head gen and ac to keep the with happy but nobody likes a crapper in the middle of the salon, dont need a refer or micro just the other stuff.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I am not ready to buy right now and if I was I would look at 42-46 OL's but of the ones out their now not many OL's in the 200-300k range a few 42's but not with the power I would want or a little beat up looking, the NT's and Cig's out their are very nice boats. Thats not the say the OL's can't be talked down to the same price just looking at whats out their now. I don't think the build and any of the 3 would be bad and at that level if you see something you dont like you thell and they fix it they want you happy and buying and telling your friends to buy their boats.

I like a big cabin so the NT or OL would fit my taste more and it seems only a few think that the RR would have that much better of a ride only in real big water so the $75-100k less cabin they have is for the Icon Cigarette thing. I would be fine with just a real head gen and ac to keep the with happy but nobody likes a crapper in the middle of the salon, dont need a refer or micro just the other stuff.
Sounds like a Cig aint for you then since they all have the crapper in the middle, no gen and no AC. What power are you looking for? You can get a nice 42 Outerlimits for 300K and under and the NT's are already in that range. One thing I do prefer is the Outerlimits has a much deeper cockpit than the Nor-Tech. The Nor-Tech has great styling though!!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-23-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

This thread just got derailed......according to Ciggy fans the "crapper in the middle of the cabin" is a fine design.....never to be improved from 1988!

Not sure about the deeper cockpit on an OL compared to a NT. Both seem "armpit deep" from the helm.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Structural build quality on an Outerlimits is behind no one. A carbon fiiber epoxy boat is stronger than any full wood and fiberglass boat. That "epoxy" ride you speak of doesnt exist anymore with the SL and SV Outerlimits. Rigging is different than build quality which I assume you meant to say.
I brought up the epoxy ride because we are talking about used boats. And yes, your assumptions were correct.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

drive them both and buy what you like! as long as its not a outerlimits you will be happy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.