DCB F32 with Teague 1100's quad rotors >

DCB F32 with Teague 1100's quad rotors

Notices

DCB F32 with Teague 1100's quad rotors

Old 12-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCB F32 with Teague 1100's quad rotors

I would appreciate any comments from owners of DCB f32 boats and owners of Teague quad rotor motors. Specifically interested in performance, drivability and maintenance issues. What did you like and not like?

Thanks for your comments and happy holidays.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

The F-32 is a great all around hull. It will handle well at fast speeds, plane easily, leans to the inside on turns. It does not take much skill to trim. Handles rough water well though not an ocean boat. Fit finish rigging quality second to none. I got to eat dinner with Bob Teague at the Lake Cumberland poker run. Call him and ask him about the set up. He loves it. Likes the Skater better for larger boats.
There have been issues with the quad whipples. The main one being breakage of the tiny bolts that hold the pulley's on the adapters. There is a fix for them that Eddie Young did for mine that involves dowel pinning the adapter plate. He also rigs the oiling system a little differently. Eddie has a good friend with a pair of the quad motors in an Outerlimits. Since those two fixes all he does is change the oil an run the snot out of them. That's a great bargain your looking at if the insurance can be had.
Seriously call Bob he will be happy to give you some more insight.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx for your comments.