Help me brighten two young boys Christmas

Notices

Help me brighten two young boys Christmas

Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me brighten two young boys Christmas

I know I'm cutting it a little close time wise but I was hoping to hit my goal without having to go public. Every year I try to do something for a family either in need ,or in a sad situation. Earlier this year I met two young boys, Briggs who is six and Quinn who is seven. These boys are going to lose their Dad in the real near future to ALS. During a conversation with their mother she was asking me about the mini snowmobile I had purchased for my daughter last Christmas. The conversation was about the possibility of the boys coming over and trying it out, and her inquiring about the cost and possibility of finding a pre-owned one. My wife and I decided at that point that we would get the boys one of their own for Christmas with a little help from our friends. I made several successful calls, but was coming up a little short. I have purchased the snowmobile and it is pictured below. I know it is short notice and if I am too late in making this post I will be more than happy to cover the remaining balance, but if some of you would like to help brighten these boys Christmas I would really appreciate the help. I am only about eight hundred short at this point. Some of my friends from OSO who have all ready contributed and I would like to thank are, Aaron Jolley (lurker, can't remember his screen name), GL Harvie ( need no explanation),Neil Hamilton(Drypipe tiger),Nolan Ferris (NY State Powerboat),Chris Fenlon(Tantrum), and Chris's partner on his boat Dave Abrams (not sure if Dave is a member here yet). Please send me a pm if you would like to help out and I will put your name on the card and we can worry about the money later. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails Help me brighten two young boys Christmas-pict1743.jpg   Help me brighten two young boys Christmas-pict1744.jpg   Help me brighten two young boys Christmas-pict1745.jpg  

Last edited by Chuck; 12-24-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm going to leave this thread up but the balance has been taken care of by one very generous OSO member. It should be pretty easy to figure out who that person is. The individual who made this contribution also helped out this summer on a poker run that I was loosely involved in to benefit Make A Wish. The individual was unable to make the run but overnited a check equal to about five sponserships and wanted it to remain secret. I really wanted to publically thank him but wanted to respect his wishes,hopefuly enough time has passed that he is comfortable in accepting my public thank you. Merry Christmas to all and once again thank you to @#%& for all you do!!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
PM sent

+1
Old 12-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck
I'm going to leave this thread up but the balance has been taken care of by one very generous OSO member. It should be pretty easy to figure out who that person is. The individual who made this contribution also helped out this summer on a poker run that I was loosely involved in to benefit Make A Wish. The individual was unable to make the run but overnited a check equal to about five sponserships and wanted it to remain secret. I really wanted to publically thank him but wanted to respect his wishes,hopefuly enough time has passed that he is comfortable in accepting my public thank you. Merry Christmas to all and once again thank you to @#%& for all you do!!!!!
Great news. Guess I wasn't fast enough.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

The true spirit of Christmas is obviously alive and well at OSO. A truly heart warming story. Thanks to all for being so kind.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:11 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a few min too late. And thats the kind of guy Alec is. Merry Christmas to everyone. Gotta love our OSO brothers (and sisters)
Old 12-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Merry Christmas to all those who have made it possible for two young boys who are going to lose their father to ALS to have some fun in this very terrible time. I am sure that this has given the boys dying father a lot of joy knowing that people cared enough to bring some joy to his children. Great gesture by all.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Registered

Wow! That's one of the nicest things I've heard of anyone doing for a while....Hats off to you guys! It never ceases to amaze me the power of friendship and this site! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Amazing.

Chuck, thank you for sharing this with us. I know you would have rather let this fly under the radar without public knowledge. Those who read this will no doubt find other ways to brighten someone's holiday, to follow the fine examples set above.

To the anonymous donor, your generosity once again is incredible !

Merry Christmas All !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.