Notices

What is a better boat?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
OK Kid, I'll explain...since you just don't get it. Look at the above two posts from the "rough water boats" thread. In the first, you proclaim that you know alot of people who aren't happy with Pantera....then do a 180 when called on it...but throw in a lil cheerleading for Outerlimits. 99.9% of the people who frequent this website know that outerlimits builds an awesome boat, but it is a boat that very few can afford. That's a fact. In the past year, you post on every phucking thread how great Outerlimits are and how everything else sucks (except for Sutphens). Someone starts a thread asking what peoples opinions are between a Cig 46 and a 43 Nor-Tech...and here you come telling everyone how far superior an OL is to both of them. See what I mean?? I owned a Sutphen for 14 years. I know that they are well built boats......and so are Outerlimits, but I work for a living, own a house, just finished putting two kids through college, have three boats that are paid for, etc. We have a rule in my house and that simple rule is that toys don't get financed. An Outerlimits is out of my budget range. Period. I certainly don't think that my kevlar 1988 Cigarette with 800's and #6 drives is superior to every boat out there, but I love the chit out of it and it's mine.
I've never met you, don't know you, and have nothing against you. I started this thread because it's winter, it's cold as chit, it's snowing outside, the wind is blowing like a MoFo and I thought it would be a good winter time thread for the site. Don't get your panties all in a wad. Post your opinion on which brand is better!

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and see that you are doing more damage to OL than you are helping them. Part of growing up is learning how to laugh at yourself. Try it!!
A well put post, I couldn't have said it any better. It was about time it was said, thank you Craig.

Stephen
Old 12-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

I think a lot of owners (no matter what the brand) take any comparison directly towards their current boat. If a guy asks how is Cigarette in rough water (thinking of a 2-3 year old 38,39,42) and the guy with the 1990 31 Bullet responds about what a wavecrusher he has and how it runs 63 with a pair of 20 year old 454's it really isn't relevant. How that turns into defending your brand against every boat out there I'm not sure.....

I know nothing about Sutphen, I like the little 21 and have seen Lucky Strike's race boat but other than that I have no experience with them. I love Dan's Motion and think that is one of the best deals in the classifieds right now but once again I know nothing about the boat brand. I understand cheerleading your own boat brand and take his OL cheerleading with a grain of salt. As Craig says everyone knows they build great boats that run fast.

The thread was very funny and I think Dan will laugh when he re-reads it.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

OK Kid, I'll explain...since you just don't get it. Look at the above two posts from the "rough water boats" thread. In the first, you proclaim that you know alot of people who aren't happy with Pantera....then do a 180 when called on it...but throw in a lil cheerleading for Outerlimits. 99.9% of the people who frequent this website know that outerlimits builds an awesome boat, but it is a boat that very few can afford. That's a fact. In the past year, you post on every phucking thread how great Outerlimits are and how everything else sucks (except for Sutphens). Someone starts a thread asking what peoples opinions are between a Cig 46 and a 43 Nor-Tech...and here you come telling everyone how far superior an OL is to both of them. See what I mean?? I owned a Sutphen for 14 years. I know that they are well built boats......and so are Outerlimits, but I work for a living, own a house, just finished putting two kids through college, have three boats that are paid for, etc. We have a rule in my house and that simple rule is that toys don't get financed. An Outerlimits is out of my budget range. Period. I certainly don't think that my kevlar 1988 Cigarette with 800's and #6 drives is superior to every boat out there, but I love the chit out of it and it's mine.
I've never met you, don't know you, and have nothing against you. I started this thread because it's winter, it's cold as chit, it's snowing outside, the wind is blowing like a MoFo and I thought it would be a good winter time thread for the site. Don't get your panties all in a wad. Post your opinion on which brand is better!

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and see that you are doing more damage to OL than you are helping them. Part of growing up is learning how to laugh at yourself. Try it!!
Very well said
Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who gives a chit anyways ?

There are 10 guys on here that can buy anything they want, the rest of the folks buy what is made available to them at a certain point in their life.

The criteria about how any boat handles in rough water is so far down the list of whats important it doesnt really matter.

Whether you have a local support shop or dealer close by is more important than how fast you can make a boat go or how big the waves are when you go play with it.

90% of the people on here cant afford to bust up their toy in rough seas anyway or risk blowing it up by pushing their engines to the limits.

I suggest that the number of cup holders that are in the boat and whether your wives like it and whether your kids are safe in it far outweigh the rest of the dialogue.

People should learn to love what their family can afford rather than worry about what sticker is glued on the side.

In todays marketplace and economic environment any boat builder that doesnt provide a very well built product wouldnt exist.

Just have fun with what ya got and enjoy the experience you can afford, safely and share it all with your family and friends.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

There are 10 guys on here that can buy anything they want, the rest of the folks buy what is made available to them at a certain point in their life.

The criteria about how any boat handles in rough water is so far down the list of whats important it doesnt really matter.

Whether you have a local support shop or dealer close by is more important than how fast you can make a boat go or how big the waves are when you go play with it.

90% of the people on here cant afford to bust up their toy in rough seas anyway or risk blowing it up by pushing their engines to the limits.

I suggest that the number of cup holders that are in the boat and whether your wives like it and whether your kids are safe in it far outweigh the rest of the dialogue.

People should learn to love what their family can afford rather than worry about what sticker is glued on the side.

In todays marketplace and economic environment any boat builder that doesnt provide a very well built product wouldnt exist.

Just have fun with what ya got and enjoy the experience you can afford, safely and share it all with your family and friends.
But an Outerlimits is the safest boat ever built!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

No. I suggested to the guy looking at both that an OL is in his price range. Did you not see where he thought it was out of his range and would of included the OL??? I always said it was my opinion on how the Outerlimits could be a better offering since he was looking for speed and an luxury cabin. Did you not see all the people that own Cigarette's say buy a Cigarette?? Or all the Nor-Tech owners say buy a Nor-Tech? There is no difference between what I said and them.
The price of an Outerlimits is the same as a Cigarette. Its not an exclusive only millionaires club as many think. I also said what I said because I know information about peoples Pantera's that shouldnt be aired on a public forum. I personally thought the 41 Pantera came out nice. I was also just stating, since it was "the best rough water" thread which ended up best build quaity as well, that a Carbon/Epoxy built boat is will be stronger. I have never said Outerlimits is the best creation on the face of the earth. I laugh at myself all the time and its great that you enjoy your Cigarette. In light of this thread you should have been there when Richie Sutphen and I went over this subject for hours on end!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
But an Outerlimits is the safest boat ever built!
Show me another Vee that rolls over(due to hard racing) at close to 120mph and the two walk away unscratched. Just sayin.............
Old 12-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

This post is so timely; I was just thinking about my 1997 911 and suddenly realized how obvious it is that Porsche turned their back on innovation by building virtually the same car for over thirty years and how moronic it is to own such an expensive classic car like that because it doesn't have any cup holders. What a waste of money, even a Hyundai has cup holders. I guess your just overpaying for the name.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
No. I suggested to the guy looking at both that an OL is in his price range. Did you not see where he thought it was out of his range and would of included the OL??? I always said it was my opinion on how the Outerlimits could be a better offering since he was looking for speed and an luxury cabin. Did you not see all the people that own Cigarette's say buy a Cigarette?? Or all the Nor-Tech owners say buy a Nor-Tech? There is no difference between what I said and them.
The price of an Outerlimits is the same as a Cigarette. Its not an exclusive only millionaires club as many think. I also said what I said because I know information about peoples Pantera's that shouldnt be aired on a public forum. I personally thought the 41 Pantera came out nice. I was also just stating, since it was "the best rough water" thread which ended up best build quaity as well, that a Carbon/Epoxy built boat is will be stronger. I have never said Outerlimits is the best creation on the face of the earth. I laugh at myself all the time and its great that you enjoy your Cigarette. In light of this thread you should have been there when Richie Sutphen and I went over this subject for hours on end!!!
OK, fair enough. I'll lay off. I really didn't expect you to "get it"

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Show me another Vee that rolls over(due to hard racing) at close to 120mph and the two walk away unscratched. Just sayin.............
Another stupid phucking comment/post. Keep these up and we'll have to endure yet another post that starts out with....."OK guys, this is the Dad..."
Old 12-27-2010, 10:29 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe we should start a minimum age for membership. He might get "it" in 5 or 10 years.

Tell Bobby B to bring ID

Last edited by DollaBill; 12-27-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.