Notices

What is a better boat?

Old 12-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Show me another Vee that rolls over(due to hard racing) at close to 120mph and the two walk away unscratched. Just sayin.............
Dan..................please, I set back for 5 pages and bit my tongue. Any other brand that would do that, you would have attributed it to poor hull design, or how the boat was set up, or something negative about the brand. Some how you spin that into a positive for O/L.
Love your passion, use better judgement.

Last edited by Beak Boater; 12-27-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
This post is so timely; I was just thinking about my 1997 911 and suddenly realized how obvious it is that Porsche turned their back on innovation by building virtually the same car for over thirty years and how moronic it is to own such an expensive classic car like that because it doesn't have any cup holders. What a waste of money, even a Hyundai has cup holders. I guess your just overpaying for the name.

Actually poor analogy Tommy....the new 2011 911 has 550+ HP and even though the same shape, the car evolved and the new Turbo S is still at the top of the food chain when it comes to speed/handling. 0-60 is down to 2.6 which shatters just about anything on the road today! When they started the 911 had no power steering, power windows/locks/seats, no a/c, no ABS brakes etc, but all of that stuff is standard today.

BTW your 997 (being one of the last air cooled) will always be admired, even if a new Escalade has more HP!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Show me another Vee that rolls over(due to hard racing) at close to 120mph and the two walk away unscratched. Just sayin.............
I'd call that luck
or
grace of god
or
good karma
Old 12-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Actually poor analogy Tommy....the new 2011 911 has 550+ HP and even though the same shape, the car evolved and the new Turbo S is still at the top of the food chain when it comes to speed/handling. 0-60 is down to 2.6 which shatters just about anything on the road today! When they started the 911 had no power steering, power windows/locks/seats, no a/c, no ABS brakes etc, but all of that stuff is standard today.

BTW your 997 (being one of the last air cooled) will always be admired, even if a new Escalade has more HP!
Well then you should have known from my post that I was clearly referring to those thru the 993 series, extending into the 997 series would have put them into 40+ years of production. And....the 996 series had cupholders.

Last edited by omerta one; 12-27-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
Well then you should have known from my post that I was clearly referring to those thru the 993 series, extending into the 997 series would have put them into 40+ years of production. And....the 996 series had cupholders.

Tommy my mistake, typo. 997 is the current style, the 993 like yours was the last air cooled.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Nice post but don't bother. I've been trying to reason with him for years now but he doesn't get that you need tact when dealing with others, even if you're representing what you believe to be the best boat built. Of course, Dans got an agenda - he works for OL which brings up a point you made that I agree with; he hurts OL more than helps. Those that know their product is great, don't need to chest thump all the time, the product speaks for itself. of course this is just my un-bias opinion
Un-biased? Did a Cig. owner just say un-biased?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
hahaha...
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Former Cig owner.....the farther they get detached from the oval the more unbiased they become!

Actually Tank is a pretty fair cheerleader, he was pretty unbiased even when he was under the "oval spell."
Old 12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Nice post but don't bother. I've been trying to reason with him for years now but he doesn't get that you need tact when dealing with others, even if you're representing what you believe to be the best boat built. Of course, Dans got an agenda - he works for OL which brings up a point you made that I agree with; he hurts OL more than helps. Those that know their product is great, don't need to chest thump all the time, the product speaks for itself. of course this is just my un-bias opinion
Plus being out of puberty helps . Happy holidays to you and your beautiful family buddy.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Plus being out of puberty helps . Happy holidays to you and your beautiful family buddy.
I'm 21 where have you been? If I was an old fart you guys wouldn't give a crap. Since I'm young it obviously hits a soft spot with a lot of you. Oh well.........it's the same bs from everyone whether they own a cigarette apache fountain outerlimits skater or mti. We all have our own opinions and so on and post so. To say none of you were/are biased is a little ridiculous

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-27-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.