Notices

Scorceror

Old 12-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Scorceror

what even happened to those guys havn't seen the boat in a long time. They were building some bad a$$ stuff. Seem to have vanished. They still have a website but hasn't been updated in a LONG time. http://www.sorcererboating.com/racec...cecarfters.htm
Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
what even happened to those guys havn't seen the boat in a long time. They were building some bad a$$ stuff. Seem to have vanished. They still have a website but hasn't been updated in a LONG time. http://www.sorcererboating.com/racec...cecarfters.htm
I talked to them awhile back, I think they just got tired of traveling, etc. and were doing some other fun things. The boat was one incredible piece, no expense was spared and they made some monstrous hp, they had a 2400hp and 2100hp motor.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The boat is just sitting there in Dubuque with a fresh set of short-blocks sitting there waiting to go...

Ed retired and Rod has to work full time so that leaves little time to play.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did a few poker runs with them when boat was being developed. Really drew a crowd when they started it up.
Unreal sound coming from those motors.

Real nice father/son team. They always took time to answer all the questions that came from the onlookers.
There was always a techy in back seat with a laptop doing high tech adjustments to the engines.

Way ahead of the rest of the group when they were doing all this.
In the runs I attended with them they always started and finished.

They really put a lot of effort into what they were doing and obviously a lot of money.

But.....real good people.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I did a few poker runs with them when boat was being developed. Really drew a crowd when they started it up.

Real nice father/son team. They always took time to answer all the questions that came from the onlookers.
There was always a techy in back seat with a laptop doing high tech adjustments to the engines.

They really put a lot of effort into what they were doing and obviously a lot of money.

saw them & the boat at Smoke on the Water!! awesome piece of machinery!!!

Last edited by wrinkleface; 12-28-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: bad spell
Old 12-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rod was a lot of fun to hang around at the runs. The boat is still the meanest sounding boat I've EVER heard, by quite a wide margin.

It's funny to see how relatively quick the technology has advanced on nearly all powerboats since then, because Sorcerer was THE boat for a few years at all of the runs. As cool as it is though, today it wouldn't be in the top 5 as far as exotic boats & setups are concerned, in any of the major poker runs.

I'd love to see them bring it back out again.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

But.....real good people.[/QUOTE]

Ditto
Rod & his mom and pop were the coolest...
spent a few days at the Pro Tech dyno shop and Rod was a wiz kid on that laptop. u are right BIG Daddy when Rod was doing these 2400 HP monsters only the 1200s were around .
Bad Azz boat
Old 12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Those were LOUD! I wonder if there is any vids of them out there?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I think Brad Zastrow had a pretty good story about "sorcerer". If I recall, he was in his 30 Motion with triple 280's, running around 110 MPH, and the "Sorcerer" passed him like he was parked.

Pretty incredible and humbling story - I run a 30 Spectre with twin 300XS's (96-99 MPH) and feel like I'm running pretty good. Add a third engine to my boat and I'm running 110+ MPH. To be passed at that point...........WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Brad can chime in and correct the details. This was from memory.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.