Notices

A decade on OSO

Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
but one thing remains consistent, I am on this board constantly (sometimes just not logged in).
except when you're temporally banned !!! LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
except when you're temporally banned !!! LOL
That is true. Your post just made me laugh.

I have to remember to play by the rules.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

man . . . i certainly hope they never put an hour meter on my profile on here.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

I lurked for months before I actually joined so unknown to me the site had probably just started. I didnt think it was my place to join as it seemed an exclusive West Coast Socal site where you needed a real badazz boat to join....it seemed 90% of the people had Cigs with twin blower motors..Jefffrey, Nort, Dman, River Girl, Blonde Cig Chick....they were def the core of the site.....I remember I spoke to Audiofn in chat one night (who was also a core member but east coast) and I could not believe he wasnt an old friend of any of the core members.....he had met everyone on the site. wow, that was an eye opener!

I remember I finally had the nerve to join when I saw a guy in the Formula forum that had a twin sbc boat, cant remember his name but he ordered that twin sbc 28 AT that he sold to Spillman....we talked back and forth, nice guy.....its his fault.

Who was that guy from Florida with the "Bayliner Cobra" he was funny as hell.....did anybody ever meet that guy? was the Bayliner thing just a joke and he had some killer boat???

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 01-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger

I remember I finally had the nerve to join when I saw a guy in the Formula forum that had a twin sbc boat, cant remember his name but he ordered that twin sbc 28 AT that he sold to Spillman....we talked back and forth, nice guy.....its his fault.
I would imagine that would be me, and I still pass through OSO often, although admittedly reading more than posting. Nice to see you are still here too.

Although I didn't order my 28 AT new, I did buy it used directly from Pat, and I believe Spillman's was one of the other few made. To the best of my knowledge, that boat went to CA via the fellow I sold it to from Ocala, FL, only to be sold once again, whereabouts unknown.

I remember the old OSO quite well, and met many members back in the day. There was a large group from western MI, nearly as large as those from CA. Those were fun times.
Jim
Old 01-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Congrats to you long timers.
I know in my brief year and a half I've learned a whole bunch and laughed a whole bunch too.
You guys and girls are the greatest!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This site rocks! Joined when I had a PQ 28, and have been thru a few boats. The friendships I have made with many on here are priceless.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
man . . . i certainly hope they never put an hour meter on my profile on here.
That would be a very, very bad thing!

So where's Jeffrey been?

You guys have a few years on me (in this contest anyway), but thinking back over all the funny sh!t, con artist/scum bags (cough Too Old, cough Troutly, etc), and all the Apache BS over the years, I can certainly say OSO has been countless hours (thank goodness Dave!) of nothing but good times!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jafo, BillR, Glassdave,
Good to see you guys are still around. Met a lot of nice people on OSO!! From all over the world, pretty cool! TY OSO!
Bill, they just auctioned off the PQ plant contents. I remember taking some pics of your 340 for you.. Those were the days!
Many more years to everyone!!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

October 2000 was a "re-boot" date for the site. Anyone with that join date could have signed up for earlier versions of the board. I'm pretty sure that I signed up some time in late 1997/early 1998. A lot of good, bad, ugly and wacky has gone on since then....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.