Originally Posted by 2Slow4me
The owner of HTM died in that one.

I don't remember what went wrong, as they are known to be great super fast 24's
It was the plug of the new 306.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
Don't get too greedy with the trim especially when it's rough, you don't want to trip a cat. Most cats don't even come with tabs so don't use more than necessary. If it's flying level your dong it right, just take your time & get used to what the boat wants. A well designed cat will turn harder than your comfortable with but please get a lot of seat time & expert instruction before you explore the limits!!
I'm a V driver all my life, small boats, including a Hydrostream V King with a 200, 87 MPH boat, scary fast ride.

The streams were not known for blowing over, so to much trim, it would just slow down.

But STV's will blow over (a guy on my lake two years ago lost his life learing the limit)

So I'm a bit gun shy. With a Cat/ Tunnel how do you learn the limit?

And if you are trimed too much, what happens before a blow over? (or is it too late by then?)
Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
It was the plug of the new 306.
What do you mean the plug? (what caused the crash?)
Old 01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean the plug? (what caused the crash?)
You run the plug to find the CG(move the motors and/or fuel tank if need be).

In a post above I said the wrong through bolts anchoring one of the motors were used which is why one of them broke loose and was found some distance away from the plug.

Last edited by Catmando; 01-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I am not trying to be a d!ck here, but if you can't afford a safety course like this, you might be shocked at the insurance rates. Also, making the wrong move at "slow" speeds can cause a major incident. I have seen veteran racers flip boats at 1/2 the speed their boats are capable of. What happens to the guy with 1/10th of the experience in a similar situation.
There is no substitute for experience and also proper training from someone who knows what they are doing.
How do you flip one at 1/2 speed? (I would not think even over trimmed into the wind you could flip one @ 1/2 speed) but I've never tried that on a cat. My V bottom just makes a huge rooster tail.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you flip one at 1/2 speed? (I would not think even over trimmed into the wind you could flip one @ 1/2 speed) but I've never tried that on a cat. My V bottom just makes a huge rooster tail.
Aqua Mania barrelrolled during a practice run in Key West at 90mph which is less than half its top speed. Human error was blamed.