Old 01-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blownjet 468
if you want to check out some other warlock sxt cats, go look
on performanceboats.com in the tunnels & cats section! I
started a thread there! "who else has an SXT" POST SOME
PICS!!
This is not a warlock SXT picture thread and doesn't look like anyones trying to buy one in this thread either. Back to topic. What's your plan tahoerick ?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Registered

three mentions of warlock & 2 of them are upside down!!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

Listen, the boat is an awesome boat. It was my fault it flipped. not the boats. I have had 4 sxt cats total. 2-25. Which I think might be the best or very close to the best bottom ever made in that range. Also 2-28 with tripple 2.5's. Nice boat also. I have had both my children in these at speed. From ages 2 on up. I was posting my mistakes and not bragging.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownjet 468
I have a 25'sxt cat with a whippled 509- can't say enough
good things about it it's very fast-stable-just an all
around well built boat! ( my family has a place in king's beach
across from the golf course- was planning to take it up there
one of these days-maybe we could hook up and do some
boating!)
Great idea, as soon as the temps get back up to reasonable numbers - its 27 degrees in my back yard and about 20 in Kings Beach! Lets get a Warlock party going, and anyone else who wants to come!

Rick
Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
This is not a warlock SXT picture thread and doesn't look like anyones trying to buy one in this thread either. Back to topic. What's your plan tahoerick ?
My plan is to wait until it warms up at Folsom Lake (which is about a 2 and one half hr drive each way) and spend a lot of time seing how this boat turns at various speeds and tab settings, how to stop it from speed, try some runs across the wakes of others at slow to moderate speeds, just get really comfortable with this boat. I have talked to BBlades too and will most likely go for their trail program and end up with a pair of labbed 24 pitch props from them for Tahoe. Tahoe is really cold until about July - sometimes the end of July! It snowed here twice last June....

The input from everyone here at OSO has made me much more comfortable with my new purchase of a boat type I have never owned before. Considering that I am a performace oriented guy (I hated my 24 ft because it was SOOOO BORING - and it was a really nice boat - had everything you could ask for except power and it beat the snot out of you when the wind came up at Tahoe.) I think this was a good decision and I just need to be very sane when operating it. I sincerely thank everyone at OSO for the advice they have given me and hope I meet everyone on the lake here this summer, or Folsom! THANKS!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
I Flipped a 25sxt cat with 850hp at 120 mph!! Been there done that but I didn't almost kill my girl friend,I wasn't drinking and it wasn't at night!! I sat on the sponsons and the plugs were no were near the water line.
Someone drinking period in any boat is asking for trouble!
This thread was started about which hull was safer not what's the stupidest thing you've done while drunk at night. People die all the time because of other peoples mistakes or lack of knowledge!! You got lucky that no one was killed and you can make fun of all the all bottles you hade to pick up at the launch. That sound like bragging to me!
Don't know your age when this took place but if you were under 12 I guess I will take back my stupid comment!!
Happy New Years
How did you flip your boat? What were the circumstances leading up to it? Just want to know what can go wrong......
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
Brad, I just checked out your site. Looks great, but I am hard pressed to come up with the $2500 fee plus travel expenses to Lake Tahoe from Florida and back. Maybe by the time it warms up things will be different...

Rick
I am not trying to be a d!ck here, but if you can't afford a safety course like this, you might be shocked at the insurance rates. Also, making the wrong move at "slow" speeds can cause a major incident. I have seen veteran racers flip boats at 1/2 the speed their boats are capable of. What happens to the guy with 1/10th of the experience in a similar situation.
There is no substitute for experience and also proper training from someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Ditto X2
X3
(My Jag leans in also)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.