Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe not....

Old 01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Exactly.... Personally, we love staying on the boat overnight, especially after a long day...and some of the time we stay on the sandbar, crank the generator, turn the a/c on and go to bed...its not as comfortable as our home, but its like camping, just on the water...Everything is remote control..typical sat. afternoon for us and about 20+ boats that eventually overnight at the island. This boat I had NT build some speakers that plug into the rear deck that I usually placed on the sunpad, another remote was at the rear, was great so I didnt have to crank up and wear the battery down...next one Ill have an outlet close to the swim platform for the blender..
I remember that day, the mojito's were rockin!!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

No Cabin, No Sunpad, No Problem
Attached Thumbnails Do You NEED a Cabin?-donzi-chicks.jpg   Do You NEED a Cabin?-donzi-trio.jpg  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definately on Lake Erie for spending the night at the islands
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
No Cabin, No Sunpad, No Problem
Sure that looks great but around here when one of my buddies would try to find me so he could tie up to me so he could keep them out drunk and happy with use of my A/C and Head. "Sure you can tie up, I get the big tittie blonde".
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need a V-birth. I over-night on my boat almost every time I go out on it. I love sitting at the marina after I get back and finishing everything in the cooler, sitting by the hot-tub and going back to the boat with the girl... I wouldn't have it any other way...

Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

We have never stayed overnight on our boat but with a kid under the age of 10 and wife the cabin is a must have. Our cabin is bare bones (no tv, ac, vacuflush, or any of that foofy stuff). It has a couple cover girl type couches, a v berth, a sink (has never been used), and a compartment for a cooler. I like it that way because I can run the boat as hard as I want and not worry about a microwave landing on the floor.

I can see if you have a crusier, 10 pwc's, a ski nautique, and a bass boat you might not need a cabin because you would just use the cruiser when rafting up or whatever. But, we only have one boat at the moment so it has to at least have a spot to get out of the weather for the wife and kid.

Last edited by baywatch; 01-03-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: bad spellage
Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
In S. Fl cabins are for weather protection more than anything. Whether getting out of a passing storm or catching a few minutes of shade they suddenly become priceless when you need them.

As far as sleeping aboard, you better have good a/c otherwise it is a sweatbox in there!
JS,
I couldn't agree more, plus all the Manatee Zones that we have to idle thru during one of the Fl. afternoon downpours we get. We looked at a Donzi 38ZR over the holidays, and the deal killer was that the cabin was WAY too small for our needs.
Dean
Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I guess it depends on what type of boating you are doing and who with. For me it is a must. I need a place for all my crap, plus the girls get changed, bathroom etc. Plus I find myself all of a sudden slepping on the boat. If you have one and you need it you are all set and if you need one and don't have one you are screwed. Plus resale must be considered.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

We have never used our boat and not spent the night on it.

I know, fountains are the smallest but we still use it to sleep and the sink for brushing our teeth before we pass out.

Don't need a micro wave, refrig, or any of that.

A real head would be nice, I don't care what any body says, humans create waste and there will be times if you boat a lot you need to get rid of it, I don't mind peeing in water but I don't want to be swimming away from my Sh*t! or anybody's for that matter.

If I didn't need a cabin and still wanted a performance boat, I would own a cat, faster and ride better with the same power.

For those that live on the water or have the cash for two boats, that is the setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.