Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Frisini Motorsports Feature (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244962-frisini-motorsports-feature.html)

Matt Trulio 01-03-2011 03:34 PM

Frisini Motorsports Feature

Definitely taking a bold approach in a tricky market, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...o-fast-empire/.

Like most of you, I have high hopes for Frisini's success.

caseyh 01-03-2011 03:54 PM

115,000 for a NEW 31 with twins not bad

tzrider 01-03-2011 06:38 PM

Just an observation but doesn't the pricing seem a bit skewed? I'm purely assuming the sonic has inboards but if not it still seems lopsided. A 32 spectre with twin 300xs's is 200k, reasonable for sure but still a pretty basic set-up in terms of equipment and rigging. Then you have a 31 Sonic at 115k, assuming it has twin inboards, even if they are small blocks the package price with drives is quite a bit more than a pair of 300xs outboards. Then you have Tabs??? maybe, and a cabin, even if it's basic it's more than what the cat has ( no cabin). Long story short why the big price difference.

prred 01-03-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by tzrider (Post 3288072)
Just an observation but doesn't the pricing seem a bit skewed? I'm purely assuming the sonic has inboards but if not it still seems lopsided. A 32 spectre with twin 300xs's is 200k, reasonable for sure but still a pretty basic set-up in terms of equipment and rigging. Then you have a 31 Sonic at 115k, assuming it has twin inboards, even if they are small blocks the package price with drives is quite a bit more than a pair of 300xs outboards. Then you have Tabs??? maybe, and a cabin, even if it's basic it's more than what the cat has ( no cabin). Long story short why the big price difference.

Although I am new to this posting stuff, I have heard from my brother and other friends, there is a lot that is "skewed" in this Frisini, Sonic, Spectre and whatever they take over next deal. How does someone completely unknown to the industry come in and take over in such a small amount of time? What happen to real "old timers"?

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by tzrider (Post 3288072)

I suspect the 31 twin engine Sonic is a center console w/OB's

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3287902)
Definitely taking a bold approach in a tricky market, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...o-fast-empire/.

Like most of you, I have high hopes for Frisini's success.

Big plans.....

Is John Cunnigham the same guy from Hustler Powerboats?

No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by prred (Post 3288135)
Although I am new to this posting stuff, I have heard from my brother and other friends, there is a lot that is "skewed" in this Frisini, Sonic, Spectre and whatever they take over next deal. How does someone completely unknown to the industry come in and take over in such a small amount of time? What happen to real "old timers"?

Easily, he offers to write a check to the former owners and they get to bail from the business with money in hand! Matt does note all of the acquisitions were not exactly prime business models (poor sales).

OL40SVX 01-03-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3288146)
Big plans.....

Is John Cunnigham the same guy from Hustler Powerboats?

No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini

I dont believe he's with Huster anymore and Jay isnt involved with them any more. IMHO there is no Spectre without Jay.

TeamSaris 01-03-2011 08:13 PM

I wouldnt own a Spectre that Jay didnt build

us1kw 01-03-2011 08:20 PM

"No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini
Easily, he offers to write a check to the former owners and they get to bail from the business with money in hand! "

I voluntarily left Frisini Motorsports due to differences in opinion and business practices. There is currently litigation regarding the Spectre name and logo as I trademarked it some time ago.

I am continuing to serve my past customers as well as future customers as Spectre Offshore Performance.
www.spectreoffshore.com
727-421-9495
Thank you for your support!
Jay Pilini

skater40 01-03-2011 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=us1kw;3288161]"No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini
Easily, he offers to write a check to the former owners and they get to bail from the business with money in hand! "

I voluntarily left Frisini Motorsports due to differences in opinion and business practices. There is currently litigation regarding the Spectre name and logo as I trademarked it some time ago.

I am continuing to serve my past customers as well as future customers as Spectre Offshore Performance.
www.spectreoffshore.com
727-421-9495
Jay Pilini[/QUOTE

:bsflag: You were fired from Fricini motorsports and attempted to register the spectre name and logo illegaly after you sold the company(Spectre Powerboats) to Scot Conrad.
For all you people out there who dont know the background-he sold to Conrad in Dec. 2005 then in dec. 2008 when Conrad was being forclosed on Pilini filed a trade registration on the Spectre name and a logo which is clearly a sport fish
center console.He then helped Fricini aquire the molds from me and worked for them for 10 months getting paid weekly before he was terminated for real good cause.
I really dont want to disclose the reasons behind his termination but if he continues to post misinformation and continues to try to split Spectre owners apart with these lies,i will have no choice but to tell every thing that i know about Jay and his previous misdeeds.

GO4BROKE 01-03-2011 09:11 PM

I hope they do well. Not many are investing in high perf boats these days. Nice to see a glimmer of hope.

Catmando 01-03-2011 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=skater40;3288212]

Originally Posted by us1kw (Post 3288161)
"No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini

www.spectreoffshore.com
727-421-9495 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************727-421-9495******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Jay Pilini[/QUOTE

:bsflag: You were fired from Fricini motorsports and attempted to register the spectre name and logo illegaly after you sold the company(Spectre Powerboats) to Scot Conrad.
For all you people out there who dont know the background-he sold to Conrad in Dec. 2005 then in dec. 2008 when Conrad was being forclosed on Pilini filed a trade registration on the Spectre name and a logo which is clearly a sport fish
center console.He then helped Fricini aquire the molds from me and worked for them for 10 months getting paid weekly before he was terminated for real good cause.
I really dont want to disclose the reasons behind his termination but if he continues to post misinformation and continues to try to split Spectre owners apart with these lies, i will have no choice but to tell every thing that i know about Jay and his previous misdeeds.

:food-smiley-007:

TeamSaris 01-03-2011 09:27 PM

Jay ran a tight shift for a lotta years and has an excellent reputation, I hope he doesnt reply to this thread and get sucked into the drama that has become, OSO

mr buttonhead 01-03-2011 10:08 PM

:party-smiley-004:

BROWNIE 01-04-2011 08:08 AM

Just before Pete Smythe died, he was writing a story called "The rise and fall of practically everybody". Pete was the editor of Motorboat magazine, and a good guy. He noted that all of us, who scratched a living out of the boat business, had taken the big financial "dump" at one time or another. Don't blame Jay or anyone else who ends up in hard times in this infernal business. It is just nature. When there is an economic downturn, the boat business takes the first dive. We all (including me) have made some unfortunate choices while trying to save our companies.

skater40 01-04-2011 10:21 AM

Good post and point taken.I am sure that if Jay could step back in time and do things differently he would.Un fortunatly he is stuck with the choices he made and needs to move on in a positive direction with his stature and morals intact.
Fricini motorsports is only trying to take Spectre to the next level with new product and everybody should wish them the best of sucess.

Catmando 01-04-2011 04:27 PM

"Jay ran a tight shift..." F F 2

Tight SHIP.

pslonaker 01-05-2011 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3288229)
Jay ran a tight shift for a lotta years and has an excellent reputation, I hope he doesnt reply to this thread and get sucked into the drama that has become, OSO

Jay created his own drama as to this thread, He no longer owns the name he created and does not want to give it up.

Skullkrusher 01-05-2011 03:53 PM

Slonaker, why do you post mostly on the subjects you seem to know the least about. Crawl back under your rock and shut the Fu** up.

302Sport 01-05-2011 04:01 PM

hung out with a guy in the BVI's that is having a new spectre built with the new 1300/M8 mercury package........

TeamSaris 01-05-2011 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3288729)
"Jay ran a tight shift..." F F 2

Tight SHIP.

excuse me, tigh ship.
You guys get the point..Spectre was nothing without Jay.
We talked to him on the phone yesterday..were behind him 100%

OL40SVX 01-05-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3289525)
hung out with a guy in the BVI's that is having a new spectre built with the new 1300/M8 mercury package........

Gabe?

302Sport 01-05-2011 07:26 PM

yeah i think that was his name. his brother or cousin who was also with him has an outerlimits. they are from jersey. one is a spinal surgeon and the other is a psychiatrist i think.

OL40SVX 01-05-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3289686)
yeah i think that was his name. his brother or cousin who was also with him has an outerlimits. they are from jersey. one is a spinal surgeon and the other is a psychiatrist i think.

Yep

pslonaker 01-05-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher (Post 3289521)
Slonaker, why do you post mostly on the subjects you seem to know the least about. Crawl back under your rock and shut the Fu** up.

Awwwwww...little BOY having a tantrum...awwwwwwww...pooooooooooooooooor little BOY. Little BOY must be upset because Mommie didnt tuck him in, but that doesnt matter. Little BOY knows about evvvvvvvvverything...isnt that right little BOY?

hellfire 01-05-2011 08:24 PM

Jay should forget Frisini Motorsport and go open new company Eg. (Pilini Racing) or whatever and all his Loyal Buyers will follow. He know his boat and had a great price with great support.

Catmando 01-05-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher (Post 3289521)

Ah...another slonacker fan. :D

BattleCry 01-06-2011 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=skater40;3288212]

Originally Posted by us1kw (Post 3288161)

www.spectreoffshore.com
727-421-9495
Jay Pilini[/QUOTE

I really dont want to disclose the reasons behind his termination but if he continues to post misinformation and continues to try to split Spectre owners apart with these lies,i will have no choice but to tell every thing that i know about Jay and his previous misdeeds.

You gotta love forums...One guy comes out and says one thing. Then, another guy comes out, says another, and threatens to air some laundry. I hate all that BS. Why Not Come Out Swingin'! Why can't you just come out with all the truth(since you know the whole story), put the rumors to rest, the babies to bed, and Tell It Like It IS!

BattleCry 01-06-2011 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3289754)
Ah...another slonacker fan. :D

He's your neighbor!!! :coolcowboy:

Catmando 01-06-2011 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by BattleCry (Post 3289891)
He's your neighbor!!! :coolcowboy:

...And there the similarity ends.

suicideblonde 01-06-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by hellfire (Post 3289730)
Jay should forget Frisini Motorsport and go open new company Eg. (Pilini Racing) or whatever and all his Loyal Buyers will follow. He know his boat and had a great price with great support.

GREAT IDEA!!! why doesn't someone start a thread on names for Jay Pilini's new company? Get something positive going for the New Year - How about Pilini Technologies........?:p

Maybe the person who comes up with the new name will get a prize........

Skullkrusher 01-06-2011 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by pslonaker (Post 3289697)
Awwwwww...little BOY having a tantrum...awwwwwwww...pooooooooooooooooor little BOY. Little BOY must be upset because Mommie didnt tuck him in, but that doesnt matter. Little BOY knows about evvvvvvvvverything...isnt that right little BOY?

Are you kidding me?

I used to think you were an idiot, but you have to be mentally challenged to be a grown man and write something like that. Get some help and then get a life.

pslonaker 01-06-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher (Post 3290006)
Are you kidding me?

I used to think you were an idiot, but you have to be mentally challenged to be a grown man and write something like that. Get some help and then get a life.

I have a life, only difference is that I don't write on threads about people that I have never met in person. You apparently enjoy bagging on people that you only have seen through this and other sites. Enjoy your life in florida

Skullkrusher 01-06-2011 05:24 PM

Oh really? How many times have you met Jay Pilini? How about one of the ten engine builders that you regularly insult? How many of those have you met? I changed my mind again. Now I think you are mentally challenged and an idiot. Pull your head out of your ass and take a breath one in awhile.

pslonaker 01-06-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher (Post 3290440)
Oh really? How many times have you met Jay Pilini? How about one of the ten engine builders that you regularly insult? How many of those have you met? I changed my mind again. Now I think you are mentally challenged and an idiot. Pull your head out of your ass and take a breath one in awhile.

Suppose you tell me the ten engine builders that I regularly insult BOY. There is only one and I havent said anything about him in a very long time and I have said nothing about anyone else. You are almost as good as some of the others here...you LIE and fabricate stuff so that you appear to look good...but then this is pretty much a normal thing for PUNKS. As for Jay Pilini...I have said nothing bad against against him...just facts. Possibly you should practice what you preach instead of running your mouth at someone that you would not know if I was standing next to you and do you usually run your mouth and make a fool out of yourself at people you have never met?

ElimiNordic 02-04-2011 06:18 PM

New Spectre Cat

When I was out in Portland last month, I saw one of the brand new Spectre 32 cats with twin Ilmore's and it was a great looking boat. The rigging looked first class and the boat was just awesome. I do not know Jay or the new owners but anyone interested should consider checking the new line of 36's they are coming out with. They seem like a lot of boat for a real fair price. IMO.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-04-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by suicideblonde (Post 3289998)
GREAT IDEA!!! why doesn't someone start a thread on names for Jay Pilini's new company? Get something positive going for the New Year - How about Pilini Technologies........?:p

Maybe the person who comes up with the new name will get a prize........

Sk8ter J's Powerboats ? :drink:

Oops, did I say that out loud ? :party-smiley-004:

Catmando 02-05-2011 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3289525)

Is that the 43? Surely not the 32...